Shakespeare Martineau Application Question

KiranP

Feb 12, 2021
Hi everyone, I am about to apply to SM for a TC and the first question is 'Our ambition at Shakespeare Martineau is to be in the Top 30 Law Firms in the UK by 2025. Please identify two of the areas of law that we practice, and advise on the actions those teams should take to enable them to play their part in achieving our goal. Your answer should give consideration to the markets they operate in, and any current and upcoming issues which may provide both challenges and opportunities in achieving this outcome.'
I am not sure how to specifically address the Top 30 in 4 years part. I have a lot of awareness of what's going on in the real estate and commercial law markets for example but any ideas on how to translate this to becoming a Top 30 law firm through internal action would really help!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Top 30 firm will be based on revenue. So its basically asking you to put ideas forward on how the firm can generate more revenue within the next four year.

Reactions: KiranP

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hi everyone, I am about to apply to SM for a TC and the first question is 'Our ambition at Shakespeare Martineau is to be in the Top 30 Law Firms in the UK by 2025. Please identify two of the areas of law that we practice, and advise on the actions those teams should take to enable them to play their part in achieving our goal. Your answer should give consideration to the markets they operate in, and any current and upcoming issues which may provide both challenges and opportunities in achieving this outcome.'
    I am not sure how to specifically address the Top 30 in 4 years part. I have a lot of awareness of what's going on in the real estate and commercial law markets for example but any ideas on how to translate this to becoming a Top 30 law firm through internal action would really help!
    Did you manage to figure something out for this question? I'm stuck haha

Rehan

May 8, 2022
    Hey guys, I am stuck on this question, can anyone pls help me. Please can you private message me here or respond to this post? What advice would you give to Shakespeare Martineau to help us meet our ambition of becoming a top 30 law firm by 2025? Within your answer, consider what challenges the firm may face in achieving this goal and advise on what can be put in place to mitigate these. Many thanks guys. Regards Rehan

Last edited by a moderator:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.