Simmons & Simmons Application

Oliver Gilliland

Distinguished Member
Sep 6, 2018
I am a little confused about this application. The website clearly states "We’ll ask you about your academics, work experience, interests and activities as well as your motivation for applying to us." However, when I go onto the summer vac scheme app the only sections I can find are work experience + activities and interests, am I missing something?

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
I am a little confused about this application. The website clearly states "We’ll ask you about your academics, work experience, interests and activities as well as your motivation for applying to us." However, when I go onto the summer vac scheme app the only sections I can find are work experience + activities and interests, am I missing something?

No, you’re not missing anything! Simmons only have one question (extra curricular activities and interests).

Reactions: Oliver Gilliland

Mamie

Jan 19, 2019
I would be really interested in hearing about this too. Thank you in advance.
hi, does anyone have any advice / know what the questions are like for the Simmons & Simmons video interview for their 2019 Summer Internship? Thank you in advance!!
Hi both,
I did the video interview last year for the Bristol vac scheme. I can’t recall all the questions but they will most certainly ask you “Why S&S?”. They also asked me why S&S in Bristol specifically - so they might ask you why you want to work in a city law firm.
I think there was also a question on teamwork and a commercial question which I believe was roughly phrased “talk about a recent commercial issue that you’ve read about”.
Apologies I can’t be more specific, but good luck!

Reactions: haylaw

haylaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hi both,
I did the video interview last year for the Bristol vac scheme. I can’t recall all the questions but they will most certainly ask you “Why S&S?”. They also asked me why S&S in Bristol specifically - so they might ask you why you want to work in a city law firm.
I think there was also a question on teamwork and a commercial question which I believe was roughly phrased “talk about a recent commercial issue that you’ve read about”.
Apologies I can’t be more specific, but good luck!
thank you so much!

Soliha

Distinguished Member
  • Sep 19, 2018
    How are supposed to approach the 250 words question? I have done many extracurriculars and have positions of responsibility. Should I bullet point my answers? The question says 'give details of...'.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    How are supposed to approach the 250 words question? I have done many extracurriculars and have positions of responsibility. Should I bullet point my answers? The question says 'give details of...'.

focus on achievements rather than describing the ECs if you have lots of things to mention.

Reactions: Soliha

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.