Slaughter and May Training Contract Application 2022

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
I just applied for the TC - but Im a penultimate year heading into my final year- is this problematic? Just read on this thread that the current summer cycle is for graduates and finalists/

EA

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I just applied for the TC - but Im a penultimate year heading into my final year- is this problematic? Just read on this thread that the current summer cycle is for graduates and finalists/
I don't think it is problematic. I made that inquiry from the recruitment team because I am also heading into my final year.

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020
On the website, it says that this cycle is only for law finalists and graduates. They literally withdrew my application a month ago because they misread my application and thought I didn't have a qualifying law degree. But I just checked their email again and it says that this cycle is only for graduates and students with their penultimate year results. So if you applied after you received your second year results you should be okay!

• ℹ️
Reactions: dosblancos7

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
On the website, it says that this cycle is only for law finalists and graduates. They literally withdrew my application a month ago because they misread my application and thought I didn't have a qualifying law degree. But I just checked their email again and it says that this cycle is only for graduates and students with their penultimate year results. So if you applied after you received your second year results you should be okay!
Thanks. In any case, I'll receive my second year grades after the app deadline, I'll shoot them an email :)

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020

Sorry for the confusion! I am not sure why they expressly say finalists and graduates on their website, but then tell candidates that penultimate students with their second year results can apply. Perhaps because you are considered a finalist once you have your results!

Ifmhouse4

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Jan 14, 2020
I think they will hopefully be getting back to us shortly! They emailed yesterday asking for an updated CV to accommodate an incoming Vac I have. Fingers crossed that we will hear soon!

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020
I really think I’m going to lose my mind if we don’t hear back this week hahah

We are almost certainly not hearing back this week hahaha. From what I have read in different forums, it usually takes them about a month or so to respond, and that is in a regular cycle. God knows how long they will take during a pandemic. I have stopped pulling my hair out and checking my emails every hour because that is a direct path to insanity. We just have to put it to the back of our minds and be patient, with a little luck, next week will be the week.

EvaS

Jul 10, 2020
I applied in January for the grad cycle as well and haven't heard back yet. I got an email on the 19th of May saying that I should hear back 'within a couple of months'... To be fair I read on the FT that Slaughters have suspended their application screening due to the pandemic, so I would expect responses for both cycles to be delayed.

EA

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I applied in January for the grad cycle as well and haven't heard back yet. I got an email on the 19th of May saying that I should hear back 'within a couple of months'... To be fair I read on the FT that Slaughters have suspended their application screening due to the pandemic, so I would expect responses for both cycles to be delayed.

I agree that the responses might be delayed due to the pandemic and since the FT article, which contained the information about Slaughter and May's pause of all its recruitment processes was published on June 4, 2020.
Anyway, I hope we get feedback soon.

Anthony Abloh

Esteemed Member
May 24, 2020

I read this article a while ago but I assumed it meant associates, partners etc that will be hired to work now. I didn't think it would apply to trainees as we won't start for another 2 years and hopefully by then we would have returned to normality. I emailed and asked to confirm but I received what read like an automated response because it didn't answer my question at all. It just said that their application window for 2022 is open.

In other news, my friend emailed and asked when we would be hearing back, and they responded this morning saying that there is a slight delay given the current climate (which is understandable), and said they would get back to us soon...

thecorporatelawyer

Legendary Member
Apr 14, 2020
I read this article a while ago but I assumed it meant associates, partners etc that will be hired to work now. I didn't think it would apply to trainees as we won't start for another 2 years and hopefully by then we would have returned to normality. I emailed and asked to confirm but I received what read like an automated response because it didn't answer my question at all. It just said that their application window for 2022 is open.

In other news, my friend emailed and asked when we would be hearing back, and they responded this morning saying that there is a slight delay given the current climate (which is understandable), and said they would get back to us soon...

Did they specify how soon? I think I might follow up because I’m going to lose my mind otherwise

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.