Slaughter and May VS 2021/TC 2023 application

Jxmxs00

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2021
There are still many other firms so all the best! :) I received an offer today but was wondering if anyone knows why it's only 8 days instead of the three weeks as advertised on their site - is it something to do with covid?
It'll be because its online - its generally accepted that forcing students to spend 3 weeks in front of a laptop isn't good for student nor firm. Think you'll see this replicated across the sector both this year and last.

Reactions: lawstudent12345

lawstudent12345

Distinguished Member
Feb 16, 2021
How difficult is it to convert a Slaughter VS into a TC? From Chambers it says they have 80 TC and 100 VS per annum, and I heard they take quite a lot of trainees from direct TC applications too. Just getting a bit worried because slaughters is my only VS so far and i have been getting a few PFOs from other firms

Reactions: SF1234

conniekatherine

Esteemed Member
Sep 30, 2019
I've heard that the partners go deep into your education so I'd come up with reasons for why your university, your course, your a-level choices, and an explanation for your grades if there's a disparity between them. Also heard of people being asked why they didn't get into Oxbridge, so prepare for a grilling if that's the case
Thanks so much! Luckily I'm at Oxford so that shouldn't be a problem haha, but as a non-law student I'm expecting a grilling

HCY

Star Member
Aug 17, 2019
Hi anyone applied for SM's Easter Scheme? I applied but no info yet.

They sent an email saying they'll get back to us end of Feb, but I remember winter workshop candidates didn't hear back until a couple of weeks before the scheme began so I think it will be a long wait for us too since the scheme starts in mid-April.

andrewegga

Standard Member
Feb 19, 2021
They sent an email saying they'll get back to us end of Feb, but I remember winter workshop candidates didn't hear back until a couple of weeks before the scheme began so I think it will be a long wait for us too since the scheme starts in mid-April.
Thanks. I received that email too. I have heard someone got rejected for the Easter Scheme on Wednesday so hopefully they will get back to us next week. Did you apply as well?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.