SQE - Online (Barbri) or BPP?

twitterguru

Oct 14, 2022
Hi everyone! I received 2 TC offers, and both firms have differing SQE providers.

One is doing solely online through Barbri over a year, and the other doing it through BPP. Which is the better option in terms of SQE provider? Will I be missing out if I do an online-only SQE?

twitterguru

Oct 14, 2022
I cant speak for Barbri or BPP specifically but I did my prep online (the College of Legal Practice) and don't feel like I missed out because it was online.
Did you feel like revising was easier/did you have replayable VODs of the teaching? Also wondering if socially it's a bit isolating to do it online rather than in person in a clas (I'm wondering if anyone who went to BPP/ULaw in person felt as if the networking opportunity was greater in person).

DanA

Standard Member
Jun 14, 2023
Did you feel like revising was easier/did you have replayable VODs of the teaching? Also wondering if socially it's a bit isolating to do it online rather than in person in a clas (I'm wondering if anyone who went to BPP/ULaw in person felt as if the networking opportunity was greater in person).
Yes, we had plenty of online material to go back over for revision. Everything that was delivered live was also recorded, which helped.

I haven't personally felt too isolated. My cohort made WhatsApp groups etc which helped.

I'm sure someone who has studied in person can provide a different perspective to help you to make an informed choice!

DanA

Standard Member
Jun 14, 2023
How did you find the SQE? :)
Incredibly tough!

I passed SQE1 (66% FLK1 and 68% FLK2) in July 2022 and sat SQE2 in April/May. They're honestly the hardest exams I've ever sat, but I've also learnt A LOT at the same time. I'm just keeping everything crossed for the results now... I can't picture going through it again!

BuddingLawyer

Distinguished Member
Jul 10, 2023
Hi everyone! I received 2 TC offers, and both firms have differing SQE providers.

One is doing solely online through Barbri over a year, and the other doing it through BPP. Which is the better option in terms of SQE provider? Will I be missing out if I do an online-only SQE?
Hi
Congratulations on bagging 2 TC offers ! Quick clarification : Is your TC seats starting in PARALLEL (same year ) with the ONLINE SQE OR is the company asking you to stay at home for a year of full time SQE and then start your TC the subsequent september ?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.