Stephenson Harwood VS 2023-2024

MrHubertLouis

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 5, 2021
Hi, does anyone know for the article summary question if we’re supposed to use all 600 words? The article itself is only 1200 words, 600 seems way too long for a summary.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi, does anyone know for the article summary question if we’re supposed to use all 600 words? The article itself is only 1200 words, 600 seems way too long for a summary.
    We're reviewing applications to SH at the moment - I don't have any information from the firm on this, but I'd be surprised if you had to use the full 600 words. I would suggest this is more 'up to the amount'.

Just a note for future applicants: So far, I'd say that strong answers explain the article in their own words, highlighting the most important issues from the article. What I would avoid is repeating the article in fewer words; instead, try to rewrite it more succinctly.

I would also suggest a good test is reading your summary and seeing if it makes sense on its own.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

Lopez2017

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 11, 2023
    We're reviewing applications to SH at the moment - I don't have any information from the firm on this, but I'd be surprised if you had to use the full 600 words. I would suggest this is more 'up to the amount'.

Just a note for future applicants: So far, I'd say that strong answers explain the article in their own words, highlighting the most important issues from the article. What I would avoid is repeating the article in fewer words; instead, try to rewrite it more succinctly.

I would also suggest a good test is reading your summary and seeing if it makes sense on its own.
    Hi Jaysen, thank you so much for this.

There are two SH contacts at the bottom of the article. Is it worth having a brief (bullet pointed (?)) section at the top of my summary including these contacts, the parties of focus in the article and key points?

Thank you.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi Jaysen, thank you so much for this.

There are two SH contacts at the bottom of the article. Is it worth having a brief (bullet pointed (?)) section at the top of my summary including these contacts, the parties of focus in the article and key points?

Thank you.

Good question! Personally, I'm not sure it's necessary to include the contacts because the goal is to summarise the content of the article.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.