Reactions: a-858, Jaysen and Salma

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Reactions: AS858

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Also @Ahmed858, just to add on your question, you really need to be more specific as to why you're interested in W&C's 'competitive advantage in being able to provide services in Africa' ( I am sure this was a generalised point you were just stating) but a good starting point could be looking into how W&C differentiates themselves from their competitors, for example, the first international law firm to open an office in South Africa, what impact this has been for their clients and the firm, any type of work they were involved in that interested you and why was this interesting?

Another point you could mention is when partner Joshua Siaw supported UK Prime Minister Theresa May on her trade mission to Africa - the only lawyer to be invited as a delegate on the trip (article below)
https://www.whitecase.com/news/pres...-joins-uk-prime-minister-trade-mission-africa

Ofcouse this is just a starting point but points like above could be used to illustrate why your interest in Africa's development has motivated you to apply to W&C.

Reactions: Helena and a-858

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Reactions: FutureCity

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Anyone know what the official cut-off time is for CV Mail applications? This is specifically for Osborne Clarke. So, 12AM on 15th Jan or 11:59PM on 15th Jan?

PHT

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Haha fair enough.

What I mean though is, do you think the deadline is in 2 hours time from now so 15th Jan on the dot or end of the day 15th Jan? I always play safe with the latter :p

Pretty sure the deadline is at end of the day. I submitted an application today (the deadline was 14th Jan) and it went through. :)

Reactions: Hazal

Gloglo

Standard Member
Oct 30, 2018
Hi guys,

Has anyone done the Latham & Watkins video interview and if so could you give me the heads up as to what to expect?

I had a vacation scheme with BCLP so happy to help!

Many thanks!

Reactions: ESE

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.