TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
Is anyone applying to TLT? I'm a bit confused by their application format.

The education history is laid out like:

Education level:

Start date - End date:

Qualifications:

Summary:

There doesn't seem to be a separate category for secondary/college so would I put my grades for these sections together? Also for the "qualifications" section am I meant to put my grades because the box seems to be one line long. I thought I would put my grades in the "summary" section but the information button states this section should be used to explain what I studied and the transferable skills I picked up.

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
How do you get a distinction on LPC when your average is 61% and do most top city firms want distinction or is it fine to get a commendation? @George Maxwell @Jessica Booker @James Carrabino
Could give you more help if you breakdown what exams you have left and their weightings? But generally, commendation is absolutely fine to get for most if not all firms!

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
How do you get a distinction on LPC when your average is 61% and do most top city firms want distinction or is it fine to get a commendation? @George Maxwell @Jessica Booker @James Carrabino
You won’t need a distinction. The vast majority of firms will be ok with a commendation - if all firms asked for a distinction, they wouldn’t be able to hire people - there aren’t enough people who secure a distinction to fill the number of TCs available.

adamBS

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2021
    Received a PFO from Shoosmiths for their direct TC which said my application scored "very close" to the minimum requirements. Is this just a generic thing everyone got or does it actually mean something?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Adrian_S

CC77

Premium Member
    Aug 25, 2020
    Received a PFO from Shoosmiths for their direct TC which said my application scored "very close" to the minimum requirements. Is this just a generic thing everyone got or does it actually mean something?
    I didn’t receive this, so it definitely means you were very close to getting through to the next stage! 😊

Reactions: adamBS

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Hi does anyone know that can you reapply to Latham's TC after being unsuccessful in vac scheme application? The application portal said 'we strongly recommend you do not submit an application for TC vacancy', but my profile has been significantly stronger since I applied for VS.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Hi does anyone know that can you reapply to Latham's TC after being unsuccessful in vac scheme application? The application portal said 'we strongly recommend you do not submit an application for TC vacancy', but my profile has been significantly stronger since I applied for VS.
    I emailed them, they said no, you can't apply twice in the same cycle.

• 🤝
    Reactions: George Maxwell

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Hi everyone! For the Clyde & Co 2022 TC application, can I include more than 4 work experiences? If so, could you please tell me how to do it?
    Hi, does anyone know if Clyde & Co recruits adequately from direct TC applications? As per their website, they almost entirely recruit from Vacation Schemes

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.