TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atelier

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    hey guys, for those who completed the CC AC this week, did you have any good-bye sessions with the grad team after your interview?
    I had mine a few days ago, and there was literally nothing after the interview! I just exited the room after the interview but now I'm just worried haha

Reactions: LawStudent2000

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    hey guys, for those who completed the CC AC this week, did you have any good-bye sessions with the grad team after your interview?
    I had mine a few days ago, and there was literally nothing after the interview! I just exited the room after the interview but now I'm just worried haha

Dw! I did the same. I did find it weird tho like there not being even a message saying goodbye.

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Dw! I did the same. I did find it weird tho like there not being even a message saying goodbye.
    Yeah same, mine was the exactly the same. I think bc the GR is so busy after the AC bc they need to decide who is getting an offer as well as organising the ACs for the following week that they decided not to organise anything after our interview had ended.

Reactions: LawStudent2000

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Hi guys, I just got an invite to Ashurst's AC next Tuesday (28th Sept) for the direct TC. I will have to do an interview with HR and an associate, followed by a written case study exercise. Do any of you have tips based on your experience/knowledge? Anything in particular to note for Ashurst? This will be my second AC ever so I'm still quite nervous. I've never done a written case study before either.
    Hi, I've also just received an Ashurst AC Invite. Are there any tips on how to prepare for the written case study exercise?

Bec

Premium Member
    Dec 20, 2021
    It should be fine to reference things from 2019. I referenced some extra curricular activities I did in 2018 and made it through to the next round. I will mention that some of the activities started before 2018 but continued onwards. However, within those I highlighted achievements from 2018. So in essence 2019 activities are fine, but any continued activities will help even more. Keep in mind that extra-curriculars may have been hard to sustain from 2020 onwards due to COVID, and so any virtual open days and the like could be used to supplement your extra-curricular activities.
    Thank you so much that has really reassured me! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: relentlesspursuit

Bec

Premium Member
    Dec 20, 2021
    You should be able to reference any achievements and career successes, etc along with what you did in 2019. I applied (last year) as a career switcher and I definitely referenced things before 2019! For work experience things, I'd mention any particularly interesting experiences or opportunities you were afforded - projects that went well, particular skills or things you picked up and so on.

The question does focus its wording more on people just about to or recently graduated so I took a bit of a creative liberty and made it more career focused.
    Thank you so much, really appreciate your input! :)

Reactions: LlamaLaw

nkji500

• Jul 13, 2021
    As I'm writing this I can't believe it. CC just called me and offered me a TC.

I don't know what else to say - I'm in disbelief.

if you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try my best but I'm really really freaking out right now.

Thank you to everyone on this site that has ever helped me with anything though.

lawful_neutral216

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 5, 2020

if you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try my best but I'm really really freaking out right now.

Thank you to everyone on this site that has ever helped me with anything though.
    Huge congratulations to you! That's great news

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020

Congratulations! What intake did you apply for? :)

jnvkkbkjbkZXBJZX

Jan 1, 2022

Congratulations! Did Grad Rec call you or was it one of your interviewers?

Mohammadz

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Hi everyone, it has been a while since I last submitted an application and unfortunately I can't find any record of my previous ones. Could anyone please share their views/ideas on how to answer the following questions in terms of structure, things to mention and weighting to each point?

1. We are keen to hear about you. We are interested to hear about your interest in law, extra curricula activities that you have undertaken, positions of responsibility you have held and any significant accomplishments you feel may be relevant

2. Tell us why you would like to pursue a career as a solicitor at Clyde & Co in the Middle East; and what makes you a strong candidate. It may be helpful to refer to the Clyde and Co graduate career pages and the wider Clyde & Co website.

Thanks in advance

LoveAspireLAW

Star Member
    Apr 10, 2021

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.