TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J18

Jan 22, 2022
Can I ask which office you was from? Just want to know if any of the Manchester people have heard back yet
Exeter. I could only book my interview for today or tomorrow (Mon or Tues), whilst others have said for another office they could book theirs later in the week, so it does appear they are staggered.

Reactions: LegalAmin

GemmaM

Jul 27, 2020
They're doing interviews this week and letting candidates know early next week whether they'll be invited to the ACs.

I did my phone interview today and all looking positive!
Hey well done on the interview! I have mine on Wednesday, what kind of questions did they ask you if you don’t mind me asking? :)

user0102

Junior Lawyer
Jan 25, 2022
Hi all, I just received an AC invite at Linklaters. It says that the AC will involve a case study and two interviews (one by recruitment and one by managing assoc & partner). I would appreciate any advice from people who have done AC at links before, in terms of what to expect in the two interviews, and how to best prepare.

Thanks in advance!

Vacationschemeapps

Esteemed Member
Jul 23, 2020
Hi all, I just received an AC invite at Linklaters. It says that the AC will involve a case study and two interviews (one by recruitment and one by managing assoc & partner). I would appreciate any advice from people who have done AC at links before, in terms of what to expect in the two interviews, and how to best prepare.

Thanks in advance!
Hey congrats! Is this direct TC? When did you hear back

user0102

Junior Lawyer
Jan 25, 2022
Hey! Congrats! Just wondering, do you have previous legal experience? I didn't apply for their direct TC because I've only done one vac scheme and it was held virtually so I didn't think I'd be qualified enough for the direct TC route..
Thank you! I also do not have much legal experience - I only did one BigLaw vac scheme previously. So I don't think that a lack of legal experience is a deal breaker per se, but its probably is one of the factors that they'll take into account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.