TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
I don't think it's a personalised link as I had to state my name 2 times and fill in my email address before starting the assessment. Chances are that I'm just catastrophising. I did call my best friend who is a computer science graduate and works as a developer and he said that it's almost impossible for a timed test not to save the data and automatically send it when the timer runs out. However, just thinking that I was shortlisted, got a WG invite and could have ruined everything because of a stupid computer system just makes me want to fling myself off a cliff.
I think @SCN has provided a very balanced perspective to your predicament @as-above-so-below. Y

Your test has most likely been saved, even though you didn't hit finish, and if it hasn't (which is very unlikely, as you friend has advised you), get in touch with grad rec explaining the situation and politely request if you could be sent a new link.

No need to catastrophise this- it can be easily resolved!

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
No need to stress this- you've got this and we've got you!

Linking some of TCLA's resources and services and my best tips below to support you-
  1. Avni's best tips for ACs
  2. Jacob's definitive guide
  3. Legal analysis case study
  4. M&A case study
  5. James' insight on ACs
  6. TCLA case study interview practice service
Hello, Avni. Hope you are doing well. Was wondering if you could please link an example of an email that applicants are required to send to the client when deciding between two acquisition targets in a case-study exercise. I tried to look for it on the forum but no luck!

Thanks.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello, Avni. Hope you are doing well. Was wondering if you could please link an example of an email that applicants are required to send to the client when deciding between two acquisition targets in a case-study exercise. I tried to look for it on the forum but no luck!

Thanks.
I am not aware of any examples like this on the forum unfortunately.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

Thanks.
George's post is the closest thing I could find- I hope it helps in some way!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
The words I didn't expect to write any time soon....I have just accepted a TC offer...ooosh all the feels!
Amazing news! Delighted for you - you have been such an important part of this community!

Andrew Garfield Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Reactions: James Carrabino
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.