TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureTS2025hopeful

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
I applied to freshfields direct tc on 25th November and my portal was last updated on December 14th (before the non-rolling deadline). Shall I humbly accept a guaranteed pfo or is it worth emailing to ask for an update?
I recond just ask for an update, I emailed them a few weeks back and they said they were still reviewing..

Reactions: chortlinghalibut

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Does anyone know why HL are taking so long to get back to applicants post-WG.. if WG invites weren't automatic isn't it the case that GR had already reviewed our written apps?
There could be various reasons for this - the initial screen may have been very top level as suggested in the previous reply and they may now need a full review with the WG, they may still be screening other applicants and not yet finished sending out WG invites. They may be focusing on VS applications first as VS's occur first. It could be that the next stage is still a little way off and they want to review everyone before sending any invites to ensure a fair application process in terms of the amount of prep time each person has for the next stage. This is all speculation of course as each firm is different. The waiting is horrible but par for the course for TC applications and some firms are quicker than others.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just got TC offer from Browne Jacobson! 😀Not for March start though but a little bit down the line. Wasn’t expecting good news after waiting all this week - but I think that people should know either way by today.
Congratulations - that's fantastic news!

well done congrats GIF

Reactions: GXA123 and J18

J18

Jan 22, 2022
Congratulations - that's fantastic news!

well done congrats GIF
thank you so much 🙂.

That's brilliant! Well done, what office will you be at? I'll be in Birmingham
Congrats to you too! I’ll be at Exeter. It’s the smallest office so probably why a March start wasn’t feasible but it’s the only office I’d be able to work at based on family etc. So I’m very happy!

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hey for everyone whose been successful with Browne Jacobson I’m considering applying, they say that we will receive the tests after the deadline but considering that some people got offers they are surly rolling correct? Also congrats to everyone when did u guys make your apps?

J18

Jan 22, 2022
    Hey for everyone whose been successful with Browne Jacobson I’m considering applying, they say that we will receive the tests after the deadline but considering that some people got offers they are surly rolling correct? Also congrats to everyone when did u guys make your apps?

Hi! If it’s for the 2024 intake then you will receive the tests after the deadline - it isn’t on a rolling basis. The offers we’re talking about are for the unexpected listing for extra trainees where the application deadline was around mid January.

Reactions: GXA123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.