TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chi.c

Feb 11, 2021
Hi guys, I applied to the Linklaters Singapore-London TC and have just been progressed to do a partner interview with the Singapore office. If anybody could give some tips for this interview (as I've never interviewed with Singapore firms before) I would greatly appreciate it!

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
Does anyone know which firms have a second window to apply for training contracts around Summer?

I would like to know too lol
I think if you are a law student/graduate, Hogan Lovells, Freshfields and Slaughter & May all have a window between June and July? Macfarlanes and NRF also have windows until mid-late July though not too sure if this is for law or non-law. Hope this helps!

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
If we get rejected for a direct TC this year, is it worth putting in another application next year for the same firm?
Yes. Particularly worthwhile if you can substantially improve the application, but worthwhile in any case as you'll likely have no experiences and perspectives (which will themselves improve the application).

Reactions: amyemmm

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
Dec 21, 2021
I think if you are a law student/graduate, Hogan Lovells, Freshfields and Slaughter & May all have a window between June and July? Macfarlanes and NRF also have windows until mid-late July though not too sure if this is for law or non-law. Hope this helps!
Does NRF allow unsuccessful applicants to reapply to direct TC in the same window?

as-above-so-below

Nov 30, 2021
Hey, guys, sorry if this is not the correct thread, but do you know if it is a problem that when doing the Pearsons WG on the getfeedback site the timer ran out before I could click submit. I answered all questions but as I was proofreading I wasn't able to reach the final question fast enough to click "Finish". I am panicking because the page did not forward me anywhere and I got no message. I already emailed graduate recruitment, but they won't answer until tomorrow and I'm trying to sleep tonight 😭

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
Hey, guys, sorry if this is not the correct thread, but do you know if it is a problem that when doing the Pearsons WG on the getfeedback site the timer ran out before I could click submit. I answered all questions but as I was proofreading I wasn't able to reach the final question fast enough to click "Finish". I am panicking because the page did not forward me anywhere and I got no message. I already emailed graduate recruitment, but they won't answer until tomorrow and I'm trying to sleep tonight 😭
If you click the link again does it say that the form is already completed or something along them lines. There's been many times when I did the WG test where I've answered all the questions and I'm just checking my answers when the timer runs out and the page closes before I can hit the "finish" button and it hasn't really impacted. It's great that you've emailed grad rec too, they'll be able to confirm for sure whether or not they've received your test

• 🤝
Reactions: George Maxwell

as-above-so-below

Nov 30, 2021
If you click the link again does it say that the form is already completed or something along them lines. There's been many times when I did the WG test where I've answered all the questions and I'm just checking my answers when the timer runs out and the page closes before I can hit the "finish" button and it hasn't really impacted. It's great that you've emailed grad rec too, they'll be able to confirm for sure whether or not they've received your test
I don't think it's a personalised link as I had to state my name 2 times and fill in my email address before starting the assessment. Chances are that I'm just catastrophising. I did call my best friend who is a computer science graduate and works as a developer and he said that it's almost impossible for a timed test not to save the data and automatically send it when the timer runs out. However, just thinking that I was shortlisted, got a WG invite and could have ruined everything because of a stupid computer system just makes me want to fling myself off a cliff.

Reactions: George Maxwell

SCN

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 20, 2020
I don't think it's a personalised link as I had to state my name 2 times and fill in my email address before starting the assessment. Chances are that I'm just catastrophising. I did call my best friend who is a computer science graduate and works as a developer and he said that it's almost impossible for a timed test not to save the data and automatically send it when the timer runs out. However, just thinking that I was shortlisted, got a WG invite and could have ruined everything because of a stupid computer system just makes me want to fling myself off a cliff.
I'm pretty sure it is a personalised link as it's been sent to you by grad rec, which I'm guessing is linked to your app form. The bit about the name and email address is just admin stuff - you have to fill it in every time before you take the test. And like your comp sci friend said, I'm pretty sure your answers have been saved. But you've emailed grad rec already, and they will be able to confirm tomorrow. Worst case scenario, they don't have your test and you'll have to re-do it. Overall, you'll be fine!!!!

Reactions: George Maxwell and AvniD
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.