TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jooooopp7

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 25, 2019
Has anyone ever had experience interviewing at Greenberg Traurig - I really can't find anything online and they havent said whether the interviews will be technical or competancy or anything else so any help would be massively appreciated!

Reactions: gabs

Jonzema9432132

Mar 1, 2022
Has anyone ever had experience interviewing at Greenberg Traurig - I really can't find anything online and they havent said whether the interviews will be technical or competancy or anything else so any help would be massively appreciated!
I have an interview with them next week also - there seems to be very little information provided! I am going to make sure I have the three WHY's noted; any commercial points; as well as general competency questions.

I had a question though, does anyone know why the interviews are split between two 'Shareholders' and two associates? Is this an American law firm thing? It seems the 'shareholders' in question are normally solicitors?

crispychicken

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jul 29, 2021
I have an interview with them next week also - there seems to be very little information provided! I am going to make sure I have the three WHY's noted; any commercial points; as well as general competency questions.

I had a question though, does anyone know why the interviews are split between two 'Shareholders' and two associates? Is this an American law firm thing? It seems the 'shareholders' in question are normally solicitors?
I believe GT calls their partners shareholders. So it's actually a partner interview.

• 🤝
Reactions: Jonzema9432132 and AvniD

Unknown22

Nov 1, 2021
Does anyone know or has perhaps heard elsewhere how much weighting the written assessment holds in Freshies AC? I heard from an associate that it is a pass/fail exercise that doesn’t hold much weighting but I wanted to confirm in case this has changed.

Lawbour

Legendary Member
Dec 25, 2018
Anyone asked grad rec at all about when post-AC Freshfields offers might start?
I saw that in previous years that some people get them the day after or a few weeks after... I reckon they are probably really busy with all the stuff going on in Ukraine so it might be causing some delays (that's just my opinion though lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.