TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A L

Dec 20, 2018
I'm not sure if they only started calling on Monday. Given that today is Wednesday and they are still carrying out ACs, I wouldn't think so. It seems that most people haven't heard back. I guess we should know soon!
I heard a candidate was offered a TC by FF earlier this month, but I think that candidate is exceptionally good. Did the candidate you know get offered a TC on Monday too?

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
No way - bruh if they are getting back to people can they just let us know already - it’s been nearly 5 weeks. It’s not that hard YES OR NO, freshfields are dragging this and it’s annoying as hell

NS95

Star Member
Oct 25, 2021
I heard a candidate was offered a TC by FF earlier this month, but I think that candidate is exceptionally good. Did the candidate you know get offered a TC on Monday too?
I've heard from 2 people who did their AC on the 3rd of March. One heard last week and the other this Monday. My AC was on the 10th. I initially thought they were waiting to finish all ACs but I was clearly wrong! I really have no clue how these things work lol.

BRo

Feb 5, 2022
I've heard from 2 people who did their AC on the 3rd of March. One heard last week and the other this Monday. My AC was on the 10th. I initially thought they were waiting to finish all ACs but I was clearly wrong! I really have no clue how these things work lol.
Were all of these outcomes positive?

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
Wait are they offers or rejections - clarity please

A L

Dec 20, 2018
I think the vast majority are still waiting and only a tiny number of exceptional candidates are offered TCs already. Please do let us know if by chance you find out later on that your friends are two of those very lucky guys.

Reactions: NS95

A L

Dec 20, 2018
re FF offers - it might also be that those who have heard had other offers and so they asked for an early decision?
Thank you.

@NS95 I think it is the best possible explanation for your friends' situations. A phone call means something more than a simple rejection. That said, it seems a bit odd to not mention an offer if having received one.

NS95

Star Member
Oct 25, 2021
Thank you.

@NS95 I think it is the best possible explanation for your friends' situations. A phone call means something more than a simple rejection. That said, it seems a bit odd to not mention an offer if having received one.
It wasn't a friend but two people in the forum that reacted to a comment that they had heard back. I only asked when they had heard back/when their AC was to get a better idea of timings. I didn't ask whether they got an offer directly.

Reactions: A L

syw

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 29, 2019
    Does anyone have any advice as to what portion of words should be allocated for the 'how does this relate to Ashurst' section for Ashurst's question 'Please tell us about a recent news article that interests you and how this relates to Ashurst? (300 words max) '.

So far I've drafted an answer which only relates it back to Ashurst at the end, but i've thoroughly explained why this said article interests me.

NS95

Star Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Does anyone have any advice as to what portion of words should be allocated for the 'how does this relate to Ashurst' section for Ashurst's question 'Please tell us about a recent news article that interests you and how this relates to Ashurst? (300 words max) '.

So far I've drafted an answer which only relates it back to Ashurst at the end, but i've thoroughly explained why this said article interests me.
    I think it depends but I answered this question for an application before and I wrote approx 250/50 or 220/80 and made it to the AC.

• 🤝
    Reactions: syw

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    Hi Guys,

I can see that a lot of people have been asking about Freshfields response post AC and just wanted to update that I received a call from one of my interviewers with a TC offer!
    Just hang in there... I believe the firm is quite busy with all the stuff going on in Ukraine so it could take some time to hear back. Plus I think ACs are still ongoing so they haven't interviewed everyone yet

AND just in general, if anyone wants any help or anything with other apps, interviews or wants to rant about anything please feel free to message me as I have gained a LOT from these forums (and the TCLA application reviews .. some of my best applications were ones that were reviewed by Jessica haha) in my 4 years of applications and feel it is only right that I give that back a little (don't mean to sound too self-serving there!)

Last edited:

A L

Dec 20, 2018
    Hi Guys,

I can see that a lot of people have been asking about Freshfields response post AC and just wanted to update that I received a call from one of my interviewers with a TC offer!
    Just hang in there... I believe the firm is quite busy with all the stuff going on in Ukraine so it could take some time to hear back. Plus I think ACs are still ongoing so they haven't interviewed everyone yet

AND just in general, if anyone wants any help or anything with other apps, interviews, grades (as mine aren't all that great in places) or wants to rant about anything please feel free to message me as I have gained a LOT from these forums (and the TCLA application reviews .. some of my best applications were ones that were reviewed by Jessica haha) in my 4 years of applications and feel it is only right that I give that back a little (don't mean to sound too self-serving there!)
    Thank you and congrats!

NS95

Star Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi Guys,

AND just in general, if anyone wants any help or anything with other apps, interviews, grades (as mine aren't all that great in places) or wants to rant about anything please feel free to message me as I have gained a LOT from these forums (and the TCLA application reviews .. some of my best applications were ones that were reviewed by Jessica haha) in my 4 years of applications and feel it is only right that I give that back a little (don't mean to sound too self-serving there!)
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thrilled for you and the fact that years of dedication and resilience have paid off!! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: CC03 and AvniD

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    Thank you and congrats!
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thrilled for you and the fact that years of dedication and resilience have paid off!! :)
    Thanks guys! Honestly I was so demotivated this cycle after having narrowly missed a TC offer post vac scheme last year so am really glad I can stop applying now haha

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Guys,

AND just in general, if anyone wants any help or anything with other apps, interviews or wants to rant about anything please feel free to message me as I have gained a LOT from these forums (and the TCLA application reviews .. some of my best applications were ones that were reviewed by Jessica haha) in my 4 years of applications and feel it is only right that I give that back a little (don't mean to sound too self-serving there!)
    Amazing news - congratulations. You are joining a great firm (assuming you will accept of course!)

Adventure Time Applause GIF

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.