TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saul Goodman

Standard Member
Dec 14, 2021
Haven't received a call about the outcome of my TC interview yet but if the application portal now says "application successful" whereas a few days ago it said "application under consideration" and my referee has said that they've been contacted by someone at the firm, how likely is it that I will receive an offer?

amyemmm

Jan 16, 2022
Haven't received a call about the outcome of my TC interview yet but if the application portal now says "application successful" whereas a few days ago it said "application under consideration" and my referee has said that they've been contacted by someone at the firm, how likely is it that I will receive an offer?
I would say very likely if the application says successful and a referee has been contacted :). Congratulations if you have received an offer for a TC!

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hii @Jessica Booker is it advisable to repeat the things that are already mentioned in the form in the Video Interview? For instance, reasons for joining the firm, people we talked to, or the examples for different competencies?

Secondly, should i use more work/internship-based examples over uni society ones if I have applied for a direct TC rather than a vac scheme?

Thanks in advance

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hii @Jessica Booker is it advisable to repeat the things that are already mentioned in the form in the Video Interview? For instance, reasons for joining the firm, people we talked to, or the examples for different competencies?

Secondly, should i use more work/internship-based examples over uni society ones if I have applied for a direct TC rather than a vac scheme?

Thanks in advance
You can use the same points/examples in video interviews, although if you have others you can use them too. With examples/points you have made in your application, I would expect you would need to go into more depth than you would in an application form anyway.

You should always use what you think it’s the best example of the skill/competency. Too many people fall into the trap of thinking that the environment you have done the activity in is the impressive part - it isn’t. Therefore if your best example of team working comes from your extra curriculars use that - it doesn’t have to be work related. That said, I would always recommend trying to use a variety of examples - eg not all work experience related or not all academic. This variety will show you have developed your skills and abilities in multiple ways (rather than just in a one dimensional way).

Reactions: AvniD and vacschemeapss

HopefulFutureTrainee

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 23, 2022
    Dentons telephone interview - never done one of these before and would be very appreciative of any help.
    Hi! The phone interviews are not super difficult from what I remember - make sure you can answer questions related to your motivation to join the firm, commercial law and have a commercial news story prepared. it's competency based, and I remember really enjoying mine. good luck!

• 🏆
    Reactions: Adrian_S
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.