TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Is there anyone who is successful in applying to Freshfields? Please react if you are because I am seeking some advice for writing the personal statement, in preparation for the summer TC application window. Thanks!

Reactions: NK101 and TC fiend

John Doe

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 18, 2021
Does anyone know if Dentons host their ACs virtually or in person? I received an email from the Grad Recruit confirming that their ACs will be held through June-July. The problem is I may not be in the UK during that time......

Reactions: O

pobploy

Standard Member
Feb 20, 2021
Does anyone know if Dentons host their ACs virtually or in person? I received an email from the Grad Recruit confirming that their ACs will be held through June-July. The problem is I may not be in the UK during that time......
I believe that if you are not in the UK they probably can arrange it to be virtual for you. I have heard of many international candidates who did this (albeit at other firms)!

TChopeful

Feb 14, 2022
Hello, quick question. When writing one of my submissions, I wrote something under mitigating circumstances that I believed to be true regarding my education (this is going back 8 years now), but I realised actually happened after and is not applicable. I realise that if successful, they'll be taking into account something that had not actually impacted my grades, and I wouldn't want that to be the case. Should I email graduate recruitment and let them know I have made an error?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello, quick question. When writing one of my submissions, I wrote something under mitigating circumstances that I believed to be true regarding my education (this is going back 8 years now), but I realised actually happened after and is not applicable. I realise that if successful, they'll be taking into account something that had not actually impacted my grades, and I wouldn't want that to be the case. Should I email graduate recruitment and let them know I have made an error?
I’d wait until you know whether you are invited to the next stage of the process, and then update them at that point if needed.

At that stage you should definitely inform them though.

Reactions: AvniD

CamilleL

Junior Lawyer
Jul 27, 2020
Hi Everyone! I see that some of you received a video interview invitation from Latham, Congrats to you all! Can I kindly ask if you applied for the 2022 or 2023 TC? Thanks v much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.