TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalgemma

Distinguished Member
Jan 11, 2022
When an interviewer asks at the end of the interview ‘is there anything else you want us to know that you think will help with your application?’ Is there anything specific they are looking for?

I always stumble on this question and never know what they are really after. Any help would be really appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
When an interviewer asks at the end of the interview ‘is there anything else you want us to know that you think will help with your application?’ Is there anything specific they are looking for?

I always stumble on this question and never know what they are really after. Any help would be really appreciated!
This is one of my go-to questions at the end of an interview.

There really isn't anything specifically they are looking for - it is just a chance for an open opportunity for you to present anything you want that you naturally haven't had the opportunity to. Recruitment processes are limited - for example, you might really want to talk about your innovative thinking but you just aren't asked a question that allows you to showcase this.

So just see it as a big open opportunity for you to lead the conversation, rather be directed by the interviewer.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Can you put in more than 4 placements in for work experience on an application and especially on vantage. I am about to submit my Dentons application on Vantage and wanted to know if I am allowed to put in more than 4 placements.

LBT99

Junior Lawyer
    Jun 10, 2021
    BCLP PFO - Post Bespoke Test
    TLT PFO - Application stage
    WFW VI invite! - Would appreciate any information about the number of/time limit for questions and type of questions that come up! :)
    Good morn,

I have a WFW VI coming up. Would be forever grateful for any tips!

Thanks
    WFW VI

Anyone know some of the questions we can expect to receive?

What are some of the general questions someone should generally prepare for in VIs?

The WFW VI is two questions. The questions you receive are randomly selected, so you may have 2x competency, 2x commercial awareness, one of each, etc. The time you have for each question will vary - I can't remember exactly, but I think I had 60 seconds to prepare for my first question, and then 90 seconds to answer it. For my second question, I had two minutes to prepare and two minutes to answer. It's a super quick and straightforward VI - just make sure you know your experiences well for the competency qs and have your standard commercial awareness questions prepared :)

My biggest tip is to not rehearse too much in the sense of "memorising" a script - I think they're ultimately looking for your personality as well as the quality of your answers!

Feel free to message me if you have any more questions, I completed the VS process this year which is basically the same format as the TC cycle!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.