TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps213

Jul 12, 2022
For all those waiting to hear back from RPC, I emailed them last week checking in on my application and they said the following:
"We are still currently reviewing all applications. You should expect to hear from us in the next few weeks with an update on your application."

lekimdinger

Junior Lawyer
Nov 24, 2021
Hello all! Would anybody happen to know the main differences between a Training Contract (TC) and a Qualifying Work Experience Training Contract (QWETC)? I have competing offers but one firm is offering the TC and the other the QWETC. What are the main differences and advantages/disadvantages associated with each? Thanks in advance.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello all! Would anybody happen to know the main differences between a Training Contract (TC) and a Qualifying Work Experience Training Contract (QWETC)? I have competing offers but one firm is offering the TC and the other the QWETC. What are the main differences and advantages/disadvantages associated with each? Thanks in advance.
I have responded in the other thread, but I need to know whether the TC is a LPC training contract and whether the QWETC is a SQE training contract, as this will impact the advice I give you. If they are both SQE training contracts, my response will be different.

Reactions: Alison C

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
"Tell us about any open days and events that you have attended in the legal sector"- This is a question with a 250 word limit. Not really sure how much in depth I am supposed to talk about the open days and events because they tend to be quite standard/similar but the high-ish word limit seems like we need some depth? would appreciate some advice.
When I've answered this Q in the past, I've simply bullet-pointed 3-5 experiences, said what the event was about and a key learning I'd taken away from it (if relevant).

lekimdinger

Junior Lawyer
Nov 24, 2021
I have responded in the other thread, but I need to know whether the TC is a LPC training contract and whether the QWETC is a SQE training contract, as this will impact the advice I give you. If they are both SQE training contracts, my response will be different.
Okay thank you so much. I have replied in the other thread as well. TC - LPC, QWETC - SQE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.