TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Congrats! I received the post-TI PFO. I somehow always fail the interviews where I'm too self-confident

And then progress the times you swear you’ve absolutely bombed it! Dw you’re not alone, it’s such a weird phenomenon lol
So true! Sometimes you not progressing to the next stage is not in your hands- it can depend on the volume of applications, a detail here or there, an external factor you really can't control. Focus on giving it your best, introspect on the aspects of your performance that you can improve and control and keep moving on and hustling till you get to where you want to be. You've got this! 💪

• Love
Reactions: Adrian_S and Scandi

malvern3142

Star Member
Jun 30, 2022
Has anyone received any updates for NRF and Freshfields direct TC applications?
Nothing from NRF, I've found that pretty much all non-rolling law firms are taking at least a month to get back With WG or AC information after their application deadline. I think NRF's deadline was the 11th of July? So I'm not expecting to hear from them until mid-August, based on the longer waiting periods this intake.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021

ps213

Jul 12, 2022
I just got invited to an interview with Farrer & Co. There’s also a written assessment. I’d be really grateful if anyone has suggestions or insights about what those interviews are like :)
Congrats! Just wondering if anyone else has heard back from Farrer & Co? Wondering if I should consider the lack of an email as a PFO

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Congrats! Just wondering if anyone else has heard back from Farrer & Co? Wondering if I should consider the lack of an email as a PFO

Definitely don’t consider it a PFO yet, this is quite early and I haven’t seen anyone else mention an interview yet. I think things should be clearer in the next few days :)

Reactions: ps213 and Scandi

Lily1234

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
They have just finished interviewing those who completed the vac scheme, and they continue to interview until mid August. So there is still loads of time for you to hear back. I had my interview on Monday and they said they don’t make final decisions until 25th August at the earliest!

• ℹ️
Reactions: Adrian_S

Radiator

Standard Member
Jul 14, 2022
How come graduate recruitment don't seem to use 'dear Mr/Ms' anymore? It's always hi [first name] nowadays and I'm wondering what happened to the old form of address?

Also, is it appropriate to send hi [first name] to graduate recruitment when you're initiating the email chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.