TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Hi guys,
Do you have any advice on how to succeed in written assessments. Last year, I got to the test stage for Simmons & Simmons but failed the written test.

Hi hi!

I’m sure some on here may have other suggestions but I found these links useful.

George’s tips on written exercises
James’s tips here
And Jess’s tips here

lekimdinger

Junior Lawyer
Nov 24, 2021
Hello, does anyone know if there is a way to expedite the process of getting graduate recruitment to move my start date forward? I have had conversations with them regarding this matter and was told that as they were expanding their intake sizes this was a possibility. However, they were still asking future trainees from last year if they wanted this start date and giving priority to them first. As this was around two months ago, should I follow up with an email or just wait, and if waiting, how long for? TIA

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    Harbottle & Lewis!

I didn't expect it either, the email I received stated:

Unfortunately having given considerable thought to your application we are unable to progress your application to the next stage. The number of applications was particularly high and it has been a very difficult decision to make.

I regret that we are unable to give feedback owing to the large volume of applications that we deal with at this time.
    theyre known for that ..

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hello, does anyone know if there is a way to expedite the process of getting graduate recruitment to move my start date forward? I have had conversations with them regarding this matter and was told that as they were expanding their intake sizes this was a possibility. However, they were still asking future trainees from last year if they wanted this start date and giving priority to them first. As this was around two months ago, should I follow up with an email or just wait, and if waiting, how long for? TIA
    I think if two months has passed then it is ok for you to check in. I wouldn’t expect them to make or be able to make a decision, but there is no harm in at least enquiring.

Reactions: lekimdinger
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.