TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

Distinguished Member
May 1, 2020
For CC's direct TC it states:

"Have you previously been on a formal vacation scheme with any firm?"

And "Were you offered a Training Contract following this scheme?"

Then it says "If your answer to the above question was "no", we would appreciate any detail you feel comfortable providing. Please add N/A if this is not applicable to you"

I have done a few VS's before but I'm not sure how to answer this?

Koinuuu

Oct 18, 2021
For CC's direct TC it states:

"Have you previously been on a formal vacation scheme with any firm?"

And "Were you offered a Training Contract following this scheme?"

Then it says "If your answer to the above question was "no", we would appreciate any detail you feel comfortable providing. Please add N/A if this is not applicable to you"

I have done a few VS's before but I'm not sure how to answer this?
I think they're just looking for some self-reflection on why you weren't able to convert the vac schemes into a training contract, and what action you've taken to develop from that. I know I'm not the best placed person to answer this though, so I may be wrong here!

vacschemeapss

Valued Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hi! Wondering if they send you a separate email saying you passed the SJT? I just got a full rejection, without anything being told about whether it's on app or the sjt! So just wondering if I failed the SJT after all.
Anyone still waiting to hear back re A&O 2024 March TC? Applied and passed SJT in late Sep and heard nothing since. I've seen people getting both AC and PFO so not sure how this may turn out?

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Anyone still waiting to hear back re A&O 2024 March TC? Applied and passed SJT in late Sep and heard nothing since. I've seen people getting both AC and PFO so not sure how this may turn out?
If you haven't already, I'd recommend reaching out to them via telephone/email to follow up on the application as it's been almost over two months.

A M

Distinguished Member
Dec 28, 2020
Hey,
Has anyone ever been successful to the next stage of Linklaters Direct TC Assessment if their Capp Report says Critical Thinking as a weakness?

horsesforlawcourses

Oct 14, 2021
Has anyone heard back from A&O after ACs last week? They said it could be either 2 weeks or next year, but the longer I wait without hearing, it feels like a no. I know I did terribly so not hopeful, I just want to know so I can move on!

• 🤝
Reactions: bibss

nkji500

• Jul 13, 2021
    Hi guys - I wrote on here earlier about an upcoming interview with CC for an IT role. Unfortunately I did not get the role but I was offered an invite to the 2023 training contract assessment center (conditional on me passing the watson glaser test). I just wanted to know:
    - How common this was?
    - Any great resources to become more commercially minded? (I was looking to subscribe to a newspaper but I'm not sure which?)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated - Thanks!

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi guys - I wrote on here earlier about an upcoming interview with CC for an IT role. Unfortunately I did not get the role but I was offered an invite to the 2023 training contract assessment center (conditional on me passing the watson glaser test). I just wanted to know:
    - How common this was?
    - Any great resources to become more commercially minded? (I was looking to subscribe to a newspaper but I'm not sure which?)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated - Thanks!
    Hi @nkji500,

Congratulations for getting progressed to a TC interview with CC! That's fantastic news. I am sorry to hear about the IT role, but getting a training contract offer is a huge achievement.

I cannot answer your first question.

However, in terms of commercial awareness resources, I found (and find) Watson's Daily invaluable. I cannot recommend it highly enough. It is paid unfortunately, but in my opinion it is worth it!

I would also highly recommend @BK's articles here. They are fantastic.

Hope that helps 🚀

Reactions: AvniD

jv1999

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 11, 2021
    Can you update your CC application (2024 TC) after you've sent it and done the WG? I have secured some Vac Schemes that I had not at the time I originally submitted my app and they ask whether you have doe Vac Schemes or have any lined up in the app.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone! Is it worth applying for a TC at A&O considering that the deadline is on the 15 Dec and they recruit on a rolling basis?
    Considering it’s ten days away, I’d still apply. I’d bet money they have only around half their total application at the moment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.