TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dm312

Oct 10, 2021
Hi everyone! Is it worth applying for a TC at A&O considering that the deadline is on the 15 Dec and they recruit on a rolling basis?
Hey @hopefullawyer123 did you submit your application in the end? I submitted mine on the 15 Dec passed the SJT but yet to hear back on AC, is in anyone else in a similar position, considering they recruit on a rolling basis do you think we'll hear back this year?

TCApp2021

Legendary Member
Dec 21, 2021
Has anyone applied to direct TC with AG. It’s one of my preferred firms but the deadline is in two weeks and I’ve got other deadlines coming up. For the other two firms they mostly/exclusively taken on applicants from the vac schemers. Unlike other firms AG haven’t advertised their direct TC application date yet so not sure if they look mostly at vac schemers?

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Hey @hopefullawyer123 did you submit your application in the end? I submitted mine on the 15 Dec passed the SJT but yet to hear back on AC, is in anyone else in a similar position, considering they recruit on a rolling basis do you think we'll hear back this year?
Hi, I passed the SJT on 20th November but yet to hear an outcome. I hope to find out soon :)

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Merry Christmas to me, just received a PFO after final interview after a 7 month application process - that one hurt. Just gotta drag myself through the afternoon of work then I can turn on the OOO response open a bottle of wine and start the demoralising process all over again for the Jan deadlines...

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Merry Christmas to me, just received a PFO after final interview after a 7 month application process - that one hurt. Just gotta drag myself through the afternoon of work then I can turn on the OOO response open a bottle of wine and start the demoralising process all over again for the Jan deadlines...
I am really sorry to hear that @Abii - I faced some big disappointments during my application process but this sounds particularly bad :( You have a great attitude about it though and I am sure your big success will come very soon!

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
I am really sorry to hear that @Abii - I faced some big disappointments during my application process but this sounds particularly bad :( You have a great attitude about it though and I am sure your big success will come very soon!
Thank you! The kindness shown by everyone in this forum makes the process that little bit more bearable and makes picking myself up and starting again that little bit easier - its nice to know I'm not alone in disappointment!

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Thank you! The kindness shown by everyone in this forum makes the process that little bit more bearable and makes picking myself up and starting again that little bit easier - its nice to know I'm not alone in disappointment!
You are absolutely not alone - we are here for you!

• 🏆
Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi @Abii,

I am really sorry to hear this. I remember feeling similarly dejected after preparing for a specific firm all summer and being rejected post-interview in October last year. All I can say is that you are not defined by and are bigger than this rejection(!). Take a few days off, enjoy Christmas and come back to things well rested (and hopefully rejuvenated!). The process is tough, but we are here to support you. Things will come right 🚀

Do tag me, @AvniD or @James Carrabino if you would like some support or advice at any time!

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and James Carrabino

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Merry Christmas Santa GIF by Holly Logan

🎁🎅🎆Happy holidays everyone! ❄️☃️🎄

I hope you take this time to allow yourselves to have fun, reflect, be kind to yourselves for working so hard and relax- you absolutely deserve it.

I will be working through the holidays so please don't hesitate to tag me in your posts here on the forum if I can help you with your application journey in any way.
As always- you've got this! 💪

✨Take care and stay safe y'all!✨

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.