Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Pre contract, is a law firm generally legally bound by an offer email (which has been accepted by the candidate) that specifies the salary and start date?
Employment contracts/offers can be retracted but this is exceptionally rare and something law firms don’t do just for the sake of it due to the PR risks associated with doing so.

They’d be in breach of contract but the difficulty is in the pursuing them for costs associated with that.

AS24

Apr 16, 2024
Hi @Jessica Booker,

I am trying to answer 'Why this firm?', however despite my interest in the work they do, I don't have much experience in those practice areas or industries/sectors. I like to read the news and the changes that are happening, I am interested in other aspects such as international work and the small intake but struggling to connect to the work that the firm does. Any tips?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker,

I am trying to answer 'Why this firm?', however despite my interest in the work they do, I don't have much experience in those practice areas or industries/sectors. I like to read the news and the changes that are happening, I am interested in other aspects such as international work and the small intake but struggling to connect to the work that the firm does. Any tips?
Can you connect it to your academic studies or extracurricular interests rather than work experience? Try to ensure the answer is specific to that firm too though.

Reactions: AS24

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.