TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Does it count as the same cycle then? Confusing as to whether the cycle starts with summer or winter if that makes sense
I asked GR at a campus law fair - the "cycle" starts with the winter intake. So if you applied in the winter, you cannot apply in the summer. But if you apply in the summer, you can apply in the winter because it will be a new cycle.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
View attachment 6074
Huh weird, it only said once per academic year for me so wasn't sure if the 'academic year' started in August or not, thanks!!

Reactions: EzeLaylor

Fysone

Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2020
what are you making of this? I'm cautiously optimistic that this means we might still have a shot because if not, why wouldn't they just blanket reject us?
Agreed, have to be cautiously optimistic. Anything but a explicit rejection leaves room for a positive reply. Seems odd to know someone is being rejected but indicate that the process isn't over, even if we aren't currently winning the race.

CP2000

Star Member
Mar 4, 2024
Hi @Jessica Booker , if a firm says that the cover letter should not be more than a single A4 page, can:

"Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,

XYZ"

come at the top of the second page since these are mere signing off formalities and not actual content?

Thanks in advance.
Hey - not sure if this helps, but I always use Calibri 10 instead of 12 when drafting my cover letters as it helps to keep it on one page. I never had any issues with this!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.