TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
Does anyone know whether A&O operate a benchmark in its SJT this year? Like an automatic rejection if not reaching the benchmark, and no even reading the application itself?

kayelss

Premium Member
  • Sep 1, 2023
    Hey! I just wanted to post a quick message reassuring those of you applying for TCs this cycle that you can certainly achieve your goal. I also wanted to offer some assistance. I achieved BCC at A-Level, attended a non-Russell group university and graduated with a 2:1. I applied for TCs in my first and third years and received zero offers. I then began the LPC LLM and have just secured a TC at Osborne Clarke. I went from zero offers to being able to pass multiple stages of assessment and secure a TC at a top firm by learning everything I possibly could about the process.

If anyone is looking to apply to OC or wants help with vac scheme / TC applications more generally, please just send me a message. It took me a lot of time, research and conversations to learn how to pass all of the stages successfully, so if you think I may be able to help just let me know.
    Hey do you have any advice for the application form that made you stand out compared to Russel group applicants. Just started my first application cycle and already dealt with 5 rejections :/

• 🤝
    Reactions: yasmars

flower

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 31, 2023
    for A&O's blended assessment, can you complete the SJT and then come back and do the video interview separately or does all of it have to be completed in one sitting?

Lawyerwithadream

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 8, 2019
    Hello I am getting contradicting answers to this, but is CMS direct TC non rolling?
    From the below which I took from the website I’d assume it’s rolling

When will I know the outcome of my application?

We aim to process your application and move you through the stages as soon as possible. In certain instances, we will hold assessment days before the deadline.

Reactions: Flutterbyx303

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.