TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

CallumJR

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
Hello I am getting contradicting answers to this, but is CMS direct TC non rolling?
I asked graduate recruitment about this. It is rolling in the sense that you will get WG / VI before the deadline but non-rolling in the sense that they will not fill AC after the deadline. So this year, you can apply on the deadline and your application will still be reviewed and you can secure a place on the AC.

Reactions: Flutterbyx303

user9809

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 20, 2022
I asked graduate recruitment about this. It is rolling in the sense that you will get WG / VI before the deadline but non-rolling in the sense that they will not fill AC after the deadline. So this year, you can apply on the deadline and your application will still be reviewed and you can secure a place on the AC.
I’ve heard the same

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 18, 2022
Does anyone know how long after the deadline you’re likely to hear from A&O, and when likely their ACs would be held?
A&O website says they will get back to us the week of 4th Dec, 2023. Not sure when ACs might be held. Would appreciate any update!

Also, I'm super nervous as I'm yet to complete the 2 video questions. Can someone tell me what the second question is? I'm preparing to send them tomorrow so having some sense of the second question will reduce my anxiety! TIA :)

LB24

Valued Member
Sep 26, 2023
A&O website says they will get back to us the week of 4th Dec, 2023. Not sure when ACs might be held. Would appreciate any update!

Also, I'm super nervous as I'm yet to complete the 2 video questions. Can someone tell me what the second question is? I'm preparing to send them tomorrow so having some sense of the second question will reduce my anxiety! TIA :)
Hi, that’s great, thanks very much! :)

And unfortunately I can’t give any specifics, but I would just suggest to prep for competency based questions.

EriksenAjax

Nov 15, 2023

I don't get whats with all the secrecy over the questions, GR has said it countless times on the different virtual events this cycle.........

Reactions: CallumJR

EriksenAjax

Nov 15, 2023
For fairness of the process you should not say this. Just my view on this as am new on here so don't know if we are allowed to discuss it!
I totally understand where you are coming from but the graduate recruitment team have said it multiple times on each virtual event they've held. They also explained that it is the same questions they use to ask in the application form but have just switched to oral communication to prevent Chat GPT input.

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    may I please ask what did the Fieldfisher virtual assessment consisted of?

Thank you very much
    It was a short game/behavioural kinda test. You gotta hold a button there are statements and you've got to pick which one you’re more suited like. It’s just a strengths test with 1 or 2 of the true or false statements thrown in, about 5 mins to complete if that.

Good luck!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.