juiceboy

Sep 7, 2023
Beginning of August mate.
The Office Crying GIF

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Yes!! I was invited a week after my WG test, I’ll find the exact date I completed the AC!
No worries!! Thanks so much for letting us know, as we have constantly been asking if anyone heard back from HG🤣 Someone even called GR for an update. And again best of luck, but if I were you I would send an email to ask when you can expect to hear back (provided they gave you no sort of timeline)

Reactions: juiceboy

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello @Jessica Booker - I completed an AC with Hogan Lovells at the beginning of August, and I am still awaiting a response. Have they just ghosted me? As I tried calling them and no one has even bothered to email me or call me back. I am very upset about this, as I thought I did well in the AC.

Any advice here?
Hi @juiceboy - sometimes things can go a bit quiet, especially at this time of year. August seems like a life time ago to candidates but it will be no time at all to a Graduate Recruitment team who are in the busiest time of year.

I know it can be frustrating waiting, but I would try to be patient. If you haven’t heard anything by the w/c 18 September, give them a call again and ask for an update again.

• 🏆
Reactions: juiceboy

annakat

Feb 23, 2022
Hi, I was drafting my cover letter for Slaughter and May and was wondering whether it would be necessary to add the full address of the firm + my address at the top of the letter as you would in a traditional letter?
The cover letter is to be uploaded in the online application form so it didn't seem necessary but the firm have specifically said on their website to address the letter to "Janine Arnold, Head of Graduate Recruitment"

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I was drafting my cover letter for Slaughter and May and was wondering whether it would be necessary to add the full address of the firm + my address at the top of the letter as you would in a traditional letter?
The cover letter is to be uploaded in the online application form so it didn't seem necessary but the firm have specifically said on their website to address the letter to "Janine Arnold, Head of Graduate Recruitment"
We have found out that the full address for either the firm or for you is not a necessity but all other formalities of a cover letter are.

Reactions: annakat

NMA

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 19, 2020
Hi 👋

Is anyone waiting to hear back from Stephenson Harwood following their case study? I am also waiting on Hogan Lovells post-AC via their direct TC (since there is now a new recruitment cycle I guess it’s a PFO) 🫠
got invited to the virtual interview today for SH

AlexC

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2022
I'd honestly love some guidance! I just graduated from a Scottish law school with an LLB - so I will eventually have to do a conversion course to the UK system. Does anyone have any experience with this? Would it be best to take the PGDL and then the SQE, or the SQE and then the PDGL?

From friends, I've gathered that some firms aren't particular about completing the PGDL (corporate firm). Any advice would be much appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi!

If a firm asks do you have any link to the firm - can you include networking connections you have made or is this strictly family ties or if you already work there?

Thank you
As it says any link, I would include meaningful networking connections - eg do you think the firm’s representative would be able to remember you?

If you just met at an event, I don’t think this is substantial enough, but if you have been liaising with them quite a lot then you can.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.