TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

hannah04

Legendary Member
Jan 9, 2023
Find it quite interesting that grad rec for hogan lovells say that majority of applicants get rejected for failing the watson glaser. Majority using that logical meaning at least 51. Has anyone been PFOd already for failing to make the benchmark?
I applied last year for a SVS, asked for my score which was 88th percentile and I didn't progress past the test stage

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    For A&O is it tests to start with and then VI questions at the end or is it mixed throughout? What kind of questions are presented I.e. behavioura, situational or why do you want to work here/be a trainee etc.
    Planning on doing it today.

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Hi All, curious to find out more about the new A&O VI and test (for the TC, but I assume it is the same for VS). Can someone please PM me if they have completed it or know about it by other means?

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Slaughter PFO post interview. Feeling absolutely devastated. Really struggled with the article discussion. Any tips to improve on this area is very much appreciated 🥲 want to improve.
    hey, well done for even getting to that interview, slaughters' interview is notoriously difficult so don't beat yourself up! some tips I'd say that ive gotten as feedback would be that you have to be clear in articulation
    providing a concise summary and the key points and taking a stance can be tricky but what they look for is cohesiveness and clarity in thoughts communicated! also when they challenge you on your points, you have to be flexible in incorporating their thoughts into your ideas but also not be easily swayed (unless you're completely wrong and want to acknowledge that with their new added info, you get the gist!)

I hope those tips help <33

mandamasochist

Standard Member
    Jan 15, 2023
    Still haven't heard anything from Hogan Lovells following my application for direct TC (deadline 31st July). Should I assume that my application has been rejected? Does anyone know the contact email for grad rec to discuss it with them? I can't seem to find it.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.