TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Dec 14, 2019
Hi everyone. For the A&O SJT + VI, do we have the opportunity to view the two questions and prepare for them without a time limit? I know that it'll be a maximum of two minutes for each answer, but can I prepare for these questions without having to worry about the time?

you can only view one question in one go, and prepare indefinitely cos the timer only starts when you hit 'record'

Reactions: Moe

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 18, 2022
Has anyone attended Clifford Chance's skills session on impactful applications and commercial awareness in the past? The deadline is next week but I was looking for some insight on what the events entailed and would be great to see if a public recording of this is available or if someone has notes/ points I could know! TIA :)

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 18, 2022
For the Clifford Chance application, we need to complete the application and the WG once we receive the link - which is before the deadline and for the video interview section, we will know if we have reached that stage only after the deadline, correct? I was looking to confirm this as some other applications wanted the VI before the deadline.

NB1999

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 25, 2021
    Hi all,

When applying for WBD TC, what are the best things to talk about in the 'Life History' section besides employment? Should I use it to provide my grades? Are they expecting to see an extensive list of things?

tillywizz98

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 23, 2023
    For the Clifford Chance application, we need to complete the application and the WG once we receive the link - which is before the deadline and for the video interview section, we will know if we have reached that stage only after the deadline, correct? I was looking to confirm this as some other applications wanted the VI before the deadline.
    Yep :) they emailed me post WG to say will know about VI before or on 8th December

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    Has anyone come up with a system of inputting modules more efficiently? Going crazy putting in the same modules from the last 9 years every time :D!
    Have a word page with all your modules, their results and dates of completion

Start with the dates - fill them all out

Then move to results, fill them all out

Then just slap all the module names in

This is the method for non-AllHires applications and it takes less than 2 minutes

If it is AllHires, use MyLocker ❗️❗️❗️

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Has anyone come up with a system of inputting modules more efficiently? Going crazy putting in the same modules from the last 9 years every time :D!
    I normally have a word document that I copy and paste from.

I find that the vantage and one other platform saves grades, personal details and rare recruitment information from past applications which is super helpful but Allhires is the worst and you gotta input it every single time!

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Have a word page with all your modules, their results and dates of completion

Start with the dates - fill them all out

Then move to results, fill them all out

Then just slap all the module names in

This is the method for non-AllHires applications and it takes less than 2 minutes

If it is AllHires, use MyLocker ❗️❗️❗️
    I didn’t know allhires had a locker!! Where have I been going wrong 😭 i specifically procrastinate firms that use that platform as it’s a mental challenge 🤣

norothrow324

Legendary Member
    Apr 11, 2023
    Reactions: Samridhi Jain

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Hi, I’ve got a feedback report email but not an email for next steps? When did you receive the next steps email?
    I completed my SJT last sat and received the feedback and next step email this morning, was wondering if it’s automatic or an indication that you pass the SJT

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.