TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Just out of curiosity, with the CC rejection/acceptance, does the Watson Glaser score come into account or is it just about passing the benchmark? Say if you just scraped the benchmark, they'll consider you, but it may still count against you if people had better scores say? Or was it just based off your academics, extracurriculars and work history, and that was the entire basis of their decision if you passed the WG?

Reactions: F12M34L

Amehta1

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 4, 2023
    Unfortunately guys that’s life, we will receive so many rejections before a firm will say Yes. We just need to take it on the chin and keep applying, trying to improve and tweak the strategy for success when needed. I wish you all the very best in future applications and pray that we all get favourable outcomes this cycle :)
    And there's the PFO 🤣

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    I am starting to think that i just dont fit the profile of what mc firms are looking for.
    I thought my app for ao cc hsf were all quite strong and passed all the tests but everything has been pfo.
    maybe its because of my grade or the fact that i am a mature student but dont think I'll apply for mcs now :(
    theyre looking for influencers

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Same.. could write a whole book on these MC firms pretend to be diverse
    I know it comes across as bitter, but sometimes I don't understand the process, which is what makes it even more frustrating. At this stage, as long as you've passed the WG benchmark, how are they separating people other than your work experience, academics, and extracurriculars? I just don't know if they're looking for something specific. Ah well, we all just have to look at it as their loss!

Reactions: legallyells

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    I know it comes across as bitter, but sometimes I don't understand the process, which is what makes it even more frustrating. At this stage, as long as you've passed the WG benchmark, how are they separating people other than your work experience, academics, and extracurriculars? I just don't know if they're looking for something specific. Ah well, we all just have to look at it as their loss!
    That's literally what I am thinking - its more like damned if you're a undergrad, damned if you're a postgrad or career changer. Simply don't understand their benchmark and selection process.

Reactions: Sharon Wu

SoNash

Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 30, 2021
    Just out of curiosity, with the CC rejection/acceptance, does the Watson Glaser score come into account or is it just about passing the benchmark? Say if you just scraped the benchmark, they'll consider you, but it may still count against you if people had better scores say? Or was it just based off your academics, extracurriculars and work history, and that was the entire basis of their decision if you passed the WG?
    I doubt considering I was in the 99th percentile and got a PFO loool

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.