TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Has anyone managed to clarify with HL if they'll ever respond to direct TCs applications made back in June/July?
I eventually got a pfo in late October. I’m not sure if you could still be on hold, but when I spoke to grad rec at a uni event they said something like 2 people were recruited in that window and that it was really competitive.

Reactions: mckelly

mckelly

Valued Member
Premium Member
Sep 19, 2020
I eventually got a pfo in late October. I’m not sure if you could still be on hold, but when I spoke to grad rec at a uni event they said something like 2 people were recruited in that window and that it was really competitive.
Ok, that's interesting to know that you did hear back. The low numbers that they recruited aren't surprising I guess...do people think I should follow this up with them?

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Ok, that's interesting to know that you did hear back. The low numbers that they recruited aren't surprising I guess...do people think I should follow this up with them?
I guess there’s no harm in checking, I emailed on 6/10 to ask whether I could apply for the winter vac scheme as I hadn’t heard back and didn’t get a reply. But I got the rejection on 31/10, so maybe that was their response

Reactions: ralitsa and mckelly

estimur

Premium Member
Oct 31, 2023
Thank you - it’s just disheartening I wanted to go to the workshop just to learn more about the firm. But I’ll deffo be applying
I attended one of the workshops last week and they said they received more applications than ever for it. To the point where they could only offer 1 in 4 applicants.

I would recommend applying definitely.

Reactions: Amjaya

legaleagle2000

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi all, if anyone has the CC video interview, do they know what is meant by the first question? Strange how its referring to region and not sure how someone would be able to answer that one:
Question 1: What have you done to learn about Clifford Chance in the region, and why do you want to be a Clifford Chance lawyer in particular in the region?

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Hi all, if anyone has the CC video interview, do they know what is meant by the first question? Strange how its referring to region and not sure how someone would be able to answer that one:
    Question 1: What have you done to learn about Clifford Chance in the region, and why do you want to be a Clifford Chance lawyer in particular in the region?
    I’m not doing the CC VI
    But maybe region as location? So why do you want to work at CC in London rather than a different location.
    Chatgpt also agreed with me 🤣

FutureTS13

Star Member
  • Dec 5, 2023
    Could anyone explain this question from Linklaters?
    Please provide details of any Linklaters-supported insight weeks, development programmes or other initiatives that you are affiliated with (for example City Solicitors Horizons, Pathways to Law, Pathfinder etc).

They also ask us to select minimum one so does this mean that we cannot apply if we aren't affiliated with any of these initiatives? What exactly do they mean with affiliated?

In this case, would legal cheek count as I have attended their law fairs where Linklaters was present?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.