Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Very pedantic question but the prompt for the Freshfields personal statement is:
"In no more than 850 words, consider 'Why Me, Why Freshfields and Why Commercial Law' as the basis of your Personal Statement. You may wish to mention any positions of responsibility held at school, as well as work experience, achievements, interests or personal qualities you think are relevant."

Would it be OK to address this in the order of Why Commercial Law -> Why Me -> Why Freshfields. Probably overthinking it but thought to ask. @Jessica Booker ?
They really won’t care which order it is in. Write it in the way that works best for your story.

Reactions: axelbeugre

FutureTS13

Star Member
  • Dec 5, 2023
    Any Pinsent Masons PFO's? Also I submitted my test (not the application but the test) for Pinsent Masons a bit after the deadline as I didn't expect it to be this long (I think 20 minutes). Can I still expect a response from them? I did receive a confirmation email for both the application and the test but then this could be automatic.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is there any point applying to Freshfields for a TC if I haven't done any vac scheme?
    If you have a strong set of other work experience that can draw parallels in terms of transferable skills or topics of work, and have sought other opportunities like open days/virtual programmes, then it’s still worth a punt if they are a firm you want to apply to.

Back in the day there were always a small number of people in each yearly intake who had no legal experience but just brought other strengths. I don’t expect that to have changed as the firm has always values bringing in people with a diverse range of experiences.

Reactions: lawgurl90

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Very pedantic question but the prompt for the Freshfields personal statement is:
    "In no more than 850 words, consider 'Why Me, Why Freshfields and Why Commercial Law' as the basis of your Personal Statement. You may wish to mention any positions of responsibility held at school, as well as work experience, achievements, interests or personal qualities you think are relevant."

Would it be OK to address this in the order of Why Commercial Law -> Why Me -> Why Freshfields. Probably overthinking it but thought to ask. @Jessica Booker ?
    Yes, the order does not really matter as long as you cover everything they want you to. I used the exact same structure you want to use and I got through the next stage last year so do not worry!

Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.