TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

ikeRoss

Star Member
Sep 1, 2023
Just received Bristows VI invite!

About a week later than others so don't give up hope yet, if anyone has done it and has any tips it would be greatly appreciated

Funnily enough they have also sent an initial invite with a deadline of 25/1/24 at 11:45pm and then an extension to 30/1/24 at 11:45pm so perhaps their small team is very very busy at the moment and they missed some invites

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
I got it today as well, and it’s not automatic. So congrats 👏
I don’t know what to expect and the email was unclear. Do you have some insights about it ?
You sure it’s not automatic? I think it is cuz in the application confirmation email it says that you will be invited to do an online test. I think they look at the application and the online test together.

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
I received as well in the application confirmation that you will receive an invitation to an online test. However, on the 10th January, I got an email saying “You will be informed of the decision regarding your application by the end of next week. The selected candidates will be invited to a digital assessment”. Also, the invitation to VI said “Thank you for your application to Clyde & Co. We would like to invite you to the next stage of the application process – the online video assessment.”
So I think this is a second stage application.
Did you receive your test invitation ?

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
I received as well in the application confirmation that you will receive an invitation to an online test. However, on the 10th January, I got an email saying “You will be informed of the decision regarding your application by the end of next week. The selected candidates will be invited to a digital assessment”. Also, the invitation to VI said “Thank you for your application to Clyde & Co. We would like to invite you to the next stage of the application process – the online video assessment.”
So I think this is a second stage application.
Did you receive your test invitation ?
Ahh yeah I looked over the emails again and I think you’re right. My bad. And yeah I got the invitation.

Reactions: Ghassen

Amjaya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2023
I don’t know what to do. I applied for Gibson Dunn and the email I used has been deleted by my old university. I have messaged them twice know and no response. I am still waiting to hear from them regarding my application / what should I do? Keep
Waiting for a response is there a number I can call 🥲

law2022x

Legendary Member
Feb 21, 2022
I don’t know what to do. I applied for Gibson Dunn and the email I used has been deleted by my old university. I have messaged them twice know and no response. I am still waiting to hear from them regarding my application / what should I do? Keep
Waiting for a response is there a number I can call 🥲
Can you not log in and see the emails they have sent on AllHires?

Reactions: Sharon Wu

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.