axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi all!

I am looking for some advice for an application question.
I am at the end of the application I have had the opportunity to discuss my work experience and interests in detail. There is a final question asking me:
Please mention anything additional which you think is relevant to your application (max 500 words).

I am looking for advice as to approach this question. I have also had the opportunity to tell the firm why them. If anyone has any pointers in relation to answering this question I would be very grateful.

Many thanks!
When I was applying I used this space to discuss in detail about all my awards I won from high school to my master degree and a couple of extracurricular activities that I did not have the space to discuss beforehand.

I would encourage to use this space to talk about something that you would like the assessors to know about yourself and that would strengthen your application, whether it is academic, professional or extracurricular.

However, since it is optional, you are not required to do it. Some people do not fill this in and are still successful so do not feel pressured in any way if you do not have anything to mention.

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker I am filling out an application and one of the questions is “Tell us why you are interested in this position”. There is no word count on the question. I am not sure how to approach this. Do I talk about my interest in commercial law and how it started? What are some things I should cover to properly answer the question? I feel it is really open-ended. This is for direct tc by the way.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker I am filling out an application and one of the questions is “Tell us why you are interested in this position”. There is no word count on the question. I am not sure how to approach this. Do I talk about my interest in commercial law and how it started? What are some things I should cover to properly answer the question? I feel it is really open-ended. This is for direct tc by the way.
What other questions or sections are you asked to provide on the full application form?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.