TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Zaidoz10

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2022
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker I am filling out an application and one of the questions is “Tell us why you are interested in this position”. There is no word count on the question. I am not sure how to approach this. Do I talk about my interest in commercial law and how it started? What are some things I should cover to properly answer the question? I feel it is really open-ended. This is for direct tc by the way.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@axelbeugre @Jessica Booker I am filling out an application and one of the questions is “Tell us why you are interested in this position”. There is no word count on the question. I am not sure how to approach this. Do I talk about my interest in commercial law and how it started? What are some things I should cover to properly answer the question? I feel it is really open-ended. This is for direct tc by the way.
What other questions or sections are you asked to provide on the full application form?

jesslawapps

Star Member
Oct 17, 2023
Hi just looking for a little bit of advice on something !

I have received a verbal TC Offer from a firm I love, and as its unique circumstances (applied for VS but post AC was offered TC) this was then followed with a Zoom call discussing details. On this call, grad rec confirmed they were busy and it would take a while to get a full contract, but would follow the call with a written offer for my peace of mind in the next few days. The call was Thurs 22nd and last Friday I emailed to query when I would be receiving the written offer as I hadn’t had any communications. It is now Monday and I haven’t received a reply.

Should I give them more time or follow up/ is it likely they have changed their minds ? I am a bit nervous with no written offer and unsure whether to withdraw from other processes with no written offer.

Thank you in advance ! @Jessica Booker @axelbeugre / anyone who has any advice to offer !

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.