Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker do you think it's worth emailing Hogan Lovells to ask for an update if I applied for their direct TC back in December 2023, with the application deadline being at the end of January 2024?
There is no harm in doing so. I know there have been some changes with their Grad Rec team recently, so it maybe that there are delays because of that.

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
I applied for a TC early because there was confusion on the firm's website and application portal over when the deadline was. They have since posted on their LinkedIn that everything is still open but haven't acknowledged the discrepancy. I have some VS outcomes coming up next week which if I get would have looked really good on my application. If I get the offers, should I email the firm to see if I can withdraw and resubmit or would that be seen as unprofessional?

LillyandSilver

Distinguished Member
Oct 18, 2023
Anyone have any advice on how to go about a direct TC application as opposed to a Vac Scheme App?
I normally take the approach in VS apps that I want to learn more about the firm and want the opportunity to see key areas the firm is good at. For direct TC's I try to present myself as a more finished article, I know why I want to work at the firm and why I will be a good lawyer for them. Sometimes I think it is easier to write TC apps than VS apps.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.