TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
I received my Mayer Brown assessment report and surprised I did quite bad (below average). I am really surprised because I almost always do well in these. Not to seem arrogant but I would expect average at a minimum based on my history of taking similar assessments. Mostly just disappointed now but on to the next one I guess.

I got a rubbish result too. Don't be to hard on yourself, stay positive!

Reactions: Talia43

AS24

Apr 16, 2024
Hi, I am new here. I am a mature candidate and a career changer. I am trying to navigate various industries such as Life Sciences because is more similar to my field. Could anyone suggest ways to increase my understanding of the role of life sciences lawyers? Do you know anyone active on LinkedIn?

ant

Apr 9, 2024
Hi, I am new here. I am a mature candidate and a career changer. I am trying to navigate various industries such as Life Sciences because is more similar to my field. Could anyone suggest ways to increase my understanding of the role of life sciences lawyers? Do you know anyone active on LinkedIn?
Hey, first up you might get more help elsewhere as this is the thread for Training Contract applications!

Lots of info online/google and a search of this website, plus can find particular solicitors on firm websites and LinkedIn. What’s your background?

AS24

Apr 16, 2024
Hey, first up you might get more help elsewhere as this is the thread for Training Contract applications!

Lots of info online/google and a search of this website, plus can find particular solicitors on firm websites and LinkedIn. What’s your background?
I work as an external consultant for the NHS.

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
Many science professionals go into Intellectual property (IP) law! Some good law firms to look at would be https://www.mewburn.com/careers/graduates and https://www.bristows.com/careers/trainees/why-bristows/sectors/life-sciences/

Reactions: AS24

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.