TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Shreya Verma

Valued Member
Sep 4, 2023
Hi, I am new here. I am a mature candidate and a career changer. I am trying to navigate various industries such as Life Sciences because is more similar to my field. Could anyone suggest ways to increase my understanding of the role of life sciences lawyers? Do you know anyone active on LinkedIn?
You can also try for Trade Mark or Patent Attorney Training Contracts specifically provided by some firms!

streanor

Standard Member
Nov 25, 2023
Woops, guess I should get on that. How far through are they?
I don’t think very far so don’t worry! Plenty of time 😊 I only know as I spoke to a member of recruitment not long ago and know some people received PFOs post-test (believe they applied in late March and early April) Haven’t heard of anyone getting VIs yet so likely they are waiting for more applicants. Good luck!

mp2000

Distinguished Member
Jan 29, 2024
I have recently received a job offer and have been given 5 days to respond. However, I have an assessment centre for a graduate scheme on Monday and I will know the outcome the week after. Essentially, I have one job offer and one potential offer if I do well in the AC. The latter pays far better but is of course not guaranteed. I really need a job as I will be moving to London and can't survive in the City without one! Any advice on what to do would be appreciated!

• 🏆
Reactions: Sharon Wu

Percypig12

Valued Member
Oct 19, 2021
I have recently received a job offer and have been given 5 days to respond. However, I have an assessment centre for a graduate scheme on Monday and I will know the outcome the week after. Essentially, I have one job offer and one potential offer if I do well in the AC. The latter pays far better but is of course not guaranteed. I really need a job as I will be moving to London and can't survive in the City without one! Any advice on what to do would be appreciated!
Accept then renege if you get the latter offer

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Have you received the contract from the organisation who have given you the offer?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.