TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2025-26

Hey guys, I am back and rejoining (low-key recovering from last cycle's post-ACs rejection). Does anyone know which firms have an online assessment centre for a direct training contract (I'm currently moving abroad for a one-year study)? I'd really appreciate any insights!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Jaysen
I’ve only ever done one video interview.


(And I suck. Anyway, I built this.)


Aspiring solicitors already go through enough stress during application season. I don’t think we should also be paying £20–50 a month for software just to practise video interviews.


So I built Video Interview OSS and I’m open sourcing it.


You can record your answers, practise as much as you want, and get AI feedback. The software is completely free. You just plug in your own OpenRouter key, and a feedback run costs around $0.18, depending on the model you use.



https://github.com/vdfrz/Video-Interview-OSS


If you’re not technical, there’s a copy-paste prompt in the README you can give to your favourite coding agent to get everything set up.


Hope this makes VI prep a bit easier :)


Massive thanks to TCLA for their VI question bank!

Posting a demo on LinkedIn soon :) not an ad for anything - feel free to check the repo out and play around w it, the demo goes live on my LinkedIn at 10 am Uk time :)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mishra-vedant
 

Find member