TCLA General Discussion Thread #2 (2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjones

Feb 4, 2021
They have offered you a job. Clearly they don’t care about you reneging another firm’s offer. They may just might be concerned you do the same to them, but clearly that’s a risk they are willing to take.

Reneges happen a lot in recruitment (less in law for TCs due to the time lag and financial commitments) - recruiters don’t really care if you renege. It’s better you renege now than train and leave.
Brill, thanks a lot. I just don't want to do anything unethical. FWIW firm 1 gave me under a week to respond...

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Brill, thanks a lot. I just don't want to do anything unethical. FWIW firm 1 gave me under a week to respond...
It’s not unethical - just part of the process. It isn’t ideal.

It would only be unethical if you received support from the firm and then didn’t pay back that support.

Reactions: philjones

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Reactions: Holly
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.