TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Actually graduates are eligible to apply for Clifford Chances' 2023 TC
CC state "To apply to this vacancy you must be eligible to start your Training Contract in 2023. If you are eligible to start your Training Contract in 2024 (typically penultimate year law or final year non-law students) you should apply for our Training Contract 2024 vacancy instead. If you are a first year law student, second year student of a four year law degree or penultimate year non-law student you can apply for SPARK."

It also says "If you have neither completed or in your final year of studying a law degree and you have neither completed or in the process of completing the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) you should apply for the Training Contract 2024 vacancy instead." This means that if you have completed your law degree then you can apply for their 2023 TC.
Do people agree with my understanding?
I do not know, because CC is known for not accepting graduates. But I might be wrong!

anxiouslawyer

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 26, 2021
I do not know, because CC is known for not accepting graduates. But I might be wrong!
I think it was definitely a big thing last year, where they explicitly came out and said they're not accepting anyone past their penultimate year of study. But the impression I get is that the 2023 TCs would be open to grads / career changers, I remember going to one of their events this year and them mentioning that they are open to career changers as well.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
I think it was definitely a big thing last year, where they explicitly came out and said they're not accepting anyone past their penultimate year of study. But the impression I get is that the 2023 TCs would be open to grads / career changers, I remember going to one of their events this year and them mentioning that they are open to career changers as well.
You are all right..my bad!

Nicole15

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    This is a minor stylistic point but should "open day" remain in lowercase when referring to it in a cover letter? I noticed that in an old application I put it in capitals. Would appreciate any thoughts on this.. thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    This is a minor stylistic point but should "open day" remain in lowercase when referring to it in a cover letter? I noticed that in an old application I put it in capitals. Would appreciate any thoughts on this.. thanks!
    Depends on the context. If you are saying something like “I attended an open day with Joe Bloggs LLP” then lower case. If it is the title of the event, eg “I attended the Innovation Open Day” then it is typically capitalised, although look at how the firm writes it in things that are not headings (eg how they write it in the copy of their website/brochure), and mirror the way they write it.

Reactions: Nicole15
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.