TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongSufferingLawGrad

Distinguished Member
  • Nov 7, 2021
    So strange... I sent mine off I think on the 14th so I cut it quite close. Applications opened around August or September didn't they, so I guess we were relatively later in applying compared to others? I don't see why we wouldn't have already received our rejections though if that's the case. Don't know what to make of this but if the initial commenter is saying they're not doing AC anymore, then I'm not sure.

Fingers crossed, hopefully we'll hear some good news soon?
    That's a fair point actually! Early Oct feels like v. early in the grand scheme of things..but Links is non rolling anyway!

I am not discounting anything rn, as we haven't heard back!

Reactions: ellwilsen

Veep9

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 8, 2020
    Well done and good luck!! :) Just wanted to ask how long you had to prepare for each stage for Reed Smith? - e.g. Simmons gave 5 full calendar days to complete the SJT once you had submitted your app. Thank you so much in advance!
    I think you get five days to do the SJT. They haven’t sent the VI yet, just let us know we’ve moved to that stage.

• Love
    Reactions: vsapplicant123

enjcorps

Nov 3, 2021
    That's a fair point actually! Early Oct feels like v. early in the grand scheme of things..but Links is non rolling anyway!

I am not discounting anything rn, as we haven't heard back!
    Yup, def no point in being pessimistic about it! It's not a rejection til we've officially been sent the emails. Best of luck, hopefully we'll all be seeing each other at the vac scheme!

tt_xo

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 20, 2020
    Congrats to all who got a CMS VI.

I did my WG a little under a month ago, so I think I'm going to assume PFO 🙃
    I doubt it will be only one round of video interviews invites sent out given the application deadline is still over a month away, i wouldnt worry about it for now!

tt_xo

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 20, 2020
    has anyone heard from Slaughter and May for summer VS? Getting a little disheartened considering their applications close on 10 December and interviews are scheduled on a rolling basis :/
    I thought so too but i havent seen many people get an interview for it on TCLA recently. They said that interviews start at the beginning of January on their website so I wouldnt count yourself out yet.

Reactions: WillF

vsapplicant123

Standard Member
    Nov 17, 2021
    You’re welcome!

Unfortunately, I have no clue.. my application is currently “under review”. I was informed that I will hear back about the outcome closer to the deadline.

When you complete the SST, you will be sent a feedback report which highlights your top three strengths.

I hope you have a nice holiday! :)
    Thank you so much! That really helps :) Best of luck with your app going forward!!

• Love
    Reactions: Nicole15

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    How do you guys approach reapplying to firms, especially competency answers? Do you revise your answers, building upon the same examples, or start from scratch?
    Imo start from scratch even if you're recycling a good bit of content. Context will have changed, your understanding of your experiences and their significance will have evolved, and your application writing will be better. I rewrite everything when reapplying in the same way I'd write fresh responses to the same question from two different firms.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.