TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwight

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 21, 2019
Just want to check, Latham say the deadline for their test is the deadline of the application. Therefore, do I need to have the test done by 02/01/2022 (summer vacation scheme deadline date)?

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
Dec 7, 2020
@Jessica Booker
@Jaysen

Apologies to bother you guys - I just had a couple of questions about the Skadden application form:

1. It asks students to give "secondary schools" attended - given that there is no point in the form where it asks students to list their sixth form, I assume that "secondary schools", for this purpose, includes the sixth form where I took my A Levels?
2. On the question asking for "significant gaps in your academic/employment history", does a gap year count as such a gap, and if so, do you think candidates would be expected to write anything other than the fact they had a gap year, and the dates this gap year took place?
3. On the cover letter, given that there's a word limit of just 300 words, do you reckon it'd be okay to leave out the sender's and recipient's address, the paragraph at the start where I state my name and my degree, and the paragraph before the "yours faithfully" bit where I thank the recruiter for taking the time to read my application?

Cheers in advance - I'd be really grateful for some pointers!

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
People who've applied to CC 2023 TC and either received a WG or the "maybe pile" email:

Have you completed and passed the WG in previous cycles?

I remember when I applied last year, I was skipped past the WG stage as I'd already passed the WG in a previous cycle (got rejected tho). Maybe this is why some people (myself included) haven't heard back yet, despite our applications already being updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.