TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
Does anyone know when HL are opening their applications? the website seems to have last year's dates.
I had the same doubt and checked their website. I think their apps are still closed, I hope it helps:)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: OB

GXA123

Legendary Member
  • Nov 30, 2020
    Hi guys, would appreciate some perspective on this☺️ So last cycle I was rejected by a firm for a TC app following a long (lol) application process, but my interview feedback was that I seemed passionate about an area of law that the firm doesn’t work in. This area was something that I had previously won an award for at uni which I included on my app, and therefore was why it was brought up by my interviewer. It’s not an area of law I see myself working in right now, and the award wasn’t anything spectacular (I won a some work exp.) & the firms I am applying to this cycle do not work in this sector… should I include this achievement, or not? I appreciate this may seem like a silly question however I really don’t want to repeat this mistake
    Do Simmons & Simmons send a feedback report following completion of their SJT?
    No they don't

Reactions: ellwilsen

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    What is the latest we should apply for rolling vac schemes to stand a good chance? Is 2/3 weeks okay? Would I still have a good chance after a month?
    I think the general trend is that most people apply on the deadline. I'd still apply ASAP if you can, but I don't think 2/3 weeks or a month is going to be bad at all.

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Does anybody know when Linklaters make you complete the Capp and WG tests? The website says the WG is 5 days from the day that the app is sent, but when exactly is that? Seems like a stupid question, however they have app questionnaire, then eligibility questionnaire then more steps. Where exactly does Capp and WG fit in this process?

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Does anybody know when Linklaters make you complete the Capp and WG tests? The website says the WG is 5 days from the day that the app is sent, but when exactly is that? Seems like a stupid question, however they have app questionnaire, then eligibility questionnaire then more steps. Where exactly does Capp and WG fit in this process?
    Not stupid! I think the Capp test falls under the "Linklaters: Graduate Recruitment Portal" step?

Reactions: Dwight

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    The moment you send off your application, you are given the option to complete the Capp assessment. You can take as long as you want on it as there is no time limit. After you’ve finished that assessment, it then gives you the option to complete the WG.

Reactions: Dwight

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    HSF's personality test be like "You always follow the rules and never break regulations? That's exactly what someone who's inflexible, unmotivated, incapable of handling pressure and afraid to take ownership would say"
    You forgot that you’d be told you lack innovation and problem solving skills relying on dated approaches

• Haha
    Reactions: M777

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    When discussing the application question discuss a news story. Can you discuss a merger or acquisition that has already happened if it was in the news recently and also can you still link that story to the law firm and how would you link it to the law firm if it already happened the merger or acquisition.

George.E.

May 26, 2021
    When discussing the application question discuss a news story. Can you discuss a merger or acquisition that has already happened if it was in the news recently and also can you still link that story to the law firm and how would you link it to the law firm if it already happened the merger or acquisition.
    Hi Asil, I think it would be pretty difficult to discuss a merger or acquisition which has yet to be announced! My approach would be to talk about a recent M&A, like you suggested, and link it to the firm if possible. Best of luck :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yes you can, but I would make sure this is a story you have personally had an interest in rather than one you think is impressive to law firms.

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 3, 2021
    I'm curious if anyone knows of any success stories of people who applied for a TC one cycle, got rejected, then applied for a VS the following cycle and were successful? I'd love to hear them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.