TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Ok thanks. Also, @Jessica Booker, do you have any advice on completing a cover letter where there is no prescribed word limit?
Generally keep to a page, but if it is slightly over then no more than 800 words. Just make sure nothing is repeated with other information presented elsewhere in the application too.

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2020
Hi all :)

1. When applying for VSs/TCs, under the work experience section, should I disclose that one of my VS converted into a TC offer, or should I just leave it out?

2. When re-applying to a firm for their direct TC, and the firm rejected me post-AC for their 2020 summer VS, should I disclose that I did an AC with them, or leave it out? (specifically asking about A&O)

Thank you!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all :)

1. When applying for VSs/TCs, under the work experience section, should I disclose that one of my VS converted into a TC offer, or should I just leave it out?

2. When re-applying to a firm for their direct TC, and the firm rejected me post-AC for their 2020 summer VS, should I disclose that I did an AC with them, or leave it out? (specifically asking about A&O)

Thank you!
1) if you haven’t accepted that offer and don’t need to until next September, include it. If the offer is accepted or expires soon but you will accept it before it expires, don’t include it.

2) if you feel you have been able to work on the feedback since the AC and are happy to demonstrate how you have, then include it.

Reactions: kitty_kat

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2020
1) if you haven’t accepted that offer and don’t need to until next September, include it. If the offer is accepted or expires soon but you will accept it before it expires, don’t include it.

2) if you feel you have been able to work on the feedback since the AC and are happy to demonstrate how you have, then include it.
Thank you so much @Jessica Booker !

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
If A&O are non-rolling they really should have updated their website, its really frustrating to not have this information before planning your schedule for applications... So annoying!
Totally agree. I think the only way to get clarity on this is to send them a direct email. I know that A&O for the past 5 years at least have recruited on a rolling basis so I'd be surprised if they changed their strategy.

It could be that some opps are recruited on a rolling basis and some aren't ?

Reactions: Asil Ahmad
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.