TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toriandersen

Standard Member
  • Nov 22, 2021
    HSF PFO did not meet the benchmark.

What even is my life at this point. Last year I did well in tests but my applications were bad. This year I feel like my applications are much better but I fail all tests.
    Don’t be disheartened! It’s always rubbish getting a rejection but you were probably just slightly off on the verbal reasoning. I personally think verbal reasoning is the hardest of the tests that firms use. I did the HSF test last year and also didn’t meet the benchmark.
    If you want a good site to practice verbal reasoning and WG I found assessmentday.com to be the best :)
    Everything will work out for you!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD and OB

avaelle42

Star Member
    Dec 15, 2021
    Has anyone heard back from HSF successfully?
    I got an email today saying my application was under review then about an hour later that i had passed the online test. that's all though. i applied on deadline and did the test thursday last week. i have a feeling because applications arent rolling it will take a while before they send out more info

• 🏆
    Reactions: CC03

CC03

Valued Member
    Nov 24, 2021
    I got an email today saying my application was under review then about an hour later that i had passed the online test. that's all though. i applied on deadline and did the test thursday last week. i have a feeling because applications arent rolling it will take a while before they send out more info
    Yeah same here! I think that too, maybe in the New Year. Best of luck with your application review :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: avaelle42

pfoapplicant

Esteemed Member
    Dec 7, 2020
    @Jessica Booker

Hi guys - the Akin Gump application form asks candidates "What are the most important rewards you expect in your career?"
    Do you think it would be okay (or even preferable) to link these back to Akin Gump (e.g. emphasise receiving high quality on-the-job training as an "important reward", then demonstrate how working at Akin Gump provides this reward)?

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Junior Lawyer 11
    Oct 12, 2021
    Hi @George Maxwell and @James Carrabino please excuse my ignorance but there was a page on upcoming vacation schemes deadlines, and I want to know what firms are non-rolling for me to consider applying to. But cannot find it :/
    Is this the page you are looking for? The information here is from last year but I would think it is similar this year for the most part

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.