TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PirateShip

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2021
I've been reusing paragraphs that describe my work experience for the last few apps. I took some time to adjust them today and now I feel a bit annoyed with myself because they're so much better written than what I had used in the last few apps I've sent. That's my punishment for laziness, I guess.

• 🤝
Reactions: SLKEJRWOI97 and OB

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    I've been reusing paragraphs that describe my work experience for the last few apps. I took some time to adjust them today and now I feel a bit annoyed with myself because they're so much better written than what I had used in the last few apps I've sent. That's my punishment for laziness, I guess.
    At least you have even better ones to reuse/base your next answers from for your upcoming applications this cycle :)

jv1999

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Aug 11, 2021
    Hi guys! For firms that recruit for VS on a rolling basis but also have an open day/insight day within the application window, is it a good idea to apply for the open day then use that to inform/strengthen your application and submit it later in the application window or do you reckon that submitting the application early should take priority?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys! For firms that recruit for VS on a rolling basis but also have an open day/insight day within the application window, is it a good idea to apply for the open day then use that to inform/strengthen your application and submit it later in the application window or do you reckon that submitting the application early should take priority?
    If you don’t know the firm that well, then it’s a good approach, especially as firms tend to run open days as ways to create a pipeline of candidates for future programmes.

SR99

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 5, 2021
    Has anyone portal for A&O for the winter VC changed ? Someone said that theirs had changed
    Mine says I have been invited to an interview, but the link to schedule the interview does not work. So not sure if it was a mistake. Also - am I right in saying that after the SJT the next step is the AC?

• 🏆
    Reactions: 33c and OB

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Mine says I have been invited to an interview, but the link to schedule the interview does not work. So not sure if it was a mistake. Also - am I right in saying that after the SJT the next step is the AC?
    Yes the AC would be the next and final step. Congrats, I'm sure it wasn't a mistake!!

Reactions: SR99

psr23

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 15, 2020
    Hi! I can't seem to find the application for Hogan Lovells vac schemes on their website. It still seems to be showing last years deadlines/schemes, and their apply4law still says 'deadline passed'. I emailed grad rec and they have told me that their new website is live with all of their current applications, but I keep reverting back to last years info. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it just my computer that can't access this year's applications?

Reactions: ellwilsen

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi! I can't seem to find the application for Hogan Lovells vac schemes on their website. It still seems to be showing last years deadlines/schemes, and their apply4law still says 'deadline passed'. I emailed grad rec and they have told me that their new website is live with all of their current applications, but I keep reverting back to last years info. Is anyone else having this problem? Is it just my computer that can't access this year's applications?
    Yes and I am feeling a bit hopeless!

Reactions: psr23
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.