TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoned

Distinguished Member
Nov 1, 2021
Hi @Anoned Not at all. It would make a mockery of the entire application process if you applied advantage/disadvantage to candidates on the basis of the date they applied. As long as an application is made within the application window, it's considered fully no matter the date it comes in. I think that the reason often candidates see more unsuccessful applications nearer the end of an application window is that, sometimes, applications can (not always!) be made in a bit of a rush and that comes through when I'm reading them.

Also, just as an aside, we review on a rolling basis, rather than recruit (I've amended our wording on our website to reflect this but not the brochure).
That's really reassuring to hear, thank you Gemma!

Rob93

Legendary Member
Dec 29, 2020
Just did the RS VI and let's just say that I'm not holding out much hope! My mum ended up walking into my room asking me what type of crackers we should have for the dinner table, and me having to politely tell her to PFO while it was recording...will be expecting my PFO shortly🤣🤣
In the glass half full, they might find that quite humanising & it may incline them to look favourably on the whole thing

summer207

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2021
Have you applied for Spring as I am working on my application for Summer but feel am late if I apply this weekend. Their deadline is 10th January but they are rolling. Any thoughts anyone on this.
Hi Asil, I definitely don’t think this weekend is too late. In general, I’d say if you genuinely want to apply for a firm, just do it. I really liked Baker McKenzie, applied on the day of the deadline (I’m not doing this again lol 🤣) for the spring VS and still progressed. Just ensure someone has read over your app and there’s no grammatical errors, best of luck!

Reactions: GXA123

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Have you applied for Spring as I am working on my application for Summer but feel am late if I apply this weekend. Their deadline is 10th January but they are rolling. Any thoughts anyone on this.
    You'll have zero chance of progressing if you don't apply at all but at least you'll be in with a shot if you put in an application ;)

Nicole15

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Aug 22, 2018
    I have completed a number of application forms in the past but I wanted to see whether I could gain any insight into how far back you should date your work experience. In prior applications, I would include work from as early as 2015 but on reflection, I think this may be too far back. Please could someone kindly shed some light on this? Many thanks in advance! :)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi Asil, I definitely don’t think this weekend is too late. In general, I’d say if you genuinely want to apply for a firm, just do it. I really liked Baker McKenzie, applied on the day of the deadline (I’m not doing this again lol 🤣) for the spring VS and still progressed. Just ensure someone has read over your app and there’s no grammatical errors, best of luck!
    Thank you for this it is really helpful. Yes, that is why as I want to make a really good application with no grammar errors rather than a rushed application because it is rolling.

Reactions: summer207
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.