TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
Feb 25, 2021
OMG GUYS! Just got my first ever progression beyond application/ test stage for Simmons & Simmons!

Got rejected last year so I am so excited.

The next stage- video inteview/ test and written exercise seems really complicated. Can anyone who has done it before please give me some advice?How long are each video interview question?

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    OMG GUYS! Just got my first ever progression beyond application/ test stage for Simmons & Simmons!

Got rejected last year so I am so excited.

The next stage- video inteview/ test and written exercise seems really complicated. Can anyone who has done it before please give me some advice?How long are each video interview question?
    Massive congrats!!

Sorry to be one of those annoying ones but when did you send your application? I sent mine last night so would be nice to know a rough time frame where I might hear back haha

hopefullawyer101

Legendary Member
    Feb 25, 2021
    Massive congrats!!

Sorry to be one of those annoying ones but when did you send your application? I sent mine last night so would be nice to know a rough time frame where I might hear back haha
    Thanks so much. This has made it slightly less demoralising to keep going!!

Last week! I sent it on the 21st to be exact. So very quick turnaround!

• Love
    Reactions: OB

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Thanks so much. This has made it slightly less demoralising to keep going!!

Last week! I sent it on the 21st to be exact. So very quick turnaround!
    It's so nice when you start progressing past application stage and know you're doing something right! Keep the positive energy going for your next ones and good luck for the tests for Simmons!

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Clyde & Co opened their VS applications today. There seem to be no questions for their Winter Scheme, only grades and work experience?
    i'm confused
    If you scroll down the bottom of this page where it states the application process, seems like they've implemented a new video version of application questions??

• ℹ️
    Reactions: michhch and Veep9

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    If you scroll down the bottom of this page where it states the application process, seems like they've implemented a new video version of application questions??
    Clyde & Co opened their VS applications today. There seem to be no questions for their Winter Scheme, only grades and work experience?
    i'm confused
    @OB is right! Within Hints and Tips on this page it states 'Following your online application, you will be required to submit a short video interview that focuses on motivation for the role, and what you can bring to the firm'

Reactions: michhch and OB

kat_

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 14, 2020
    @OB is right! Within Hints and Tips on this page it states 'Following your online application, you will be required to submit a short video interview that focuses on motivation for the role, and what you can bring to the firm'
    Thank you so much!! That makes sense now.

Reactions: ZaraB and OB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.